23 | First Dates & Adopted Cats

"Can somebody tell me why there are eight cats in the precinct?" Namjoon asked, hands on hips as his eyebrows were drawn in concern.

Hoseok, Yoongi, Taehyung, and Jin pointed to each other. "He did it," they replied in unison.

Namjoon wasn't amused. "None of you will leave my office until you guys explain everything."

Jungkook scratched his cheek. "Jimin and I had nothing to do with the cats, so can we leave?"

"Not until you explain what the hell you two were doing at the scene of a murder with the murder weapon!" Namjoon snapped.

Jimin hesitated. "Well..."

"Please don't do the thing where both of your guys' stories go on at the same time," Namjoon begged.

Jungkook waved him off. "Anyways..."

━━━━━━━━

It was the night when Jungkook confessed. After his shift was over, he couldn't help but regret confessing to Jimin publicly. He was sure Jimin was disgusted by it, considering how avoidant he was being.

"Hey, we should talk," a voice spoke from behind Jungkook.

He turned around before he could get in his car to see Jimin standing, looking like several emotions were plaguing him.

"I meant what I said," Jungkook said, unlocking his car and walking around to get in the driver's seat. "I'm not taking it back or anything."

Jimin rubbed his jaw. "I just can't believe it. I thought it was one-sided this whole time."

Jungkook froze and slammed his car door shut without getting in. He stared Jimin down, his doe eyes widening by the second. It made Jimin feel a little concerned and all he could do was stare back.

"You like me too?" Jungkook asked.

"Jungkook, just walk around"—he swatted his hand as Jungkook scrambled on top of the hood of his car and started crawling across to get to Jimin—"the car."

Jungkook hopped off and looked down at him, their breaths mingling in the frosty night. "You like me too?"

Jimin blushed, the apples of his cheeks going bright red. "Obviously. Since like, forever."

A wide grin slowly stretched out on Jungkook's lips. "Let's go."

"Bitch where?"

━━━━━━━━

"We should get a cat for the precinct," Taehyung suggested to the three other officers who were squeezed in the backseat of the police car. "Also, Sarge, you can sit up front if you want."

Hoseok glanced at Yoongi. "I'm good here," he replied. "And a cat? Why?"

"It's a good stress reliever," Jin chimed in. "It can distract the Captain while I update his WikiFeet page."

Taehyung snapped his fingers. "Exactly, so let's buy one."

Yoongi shrugged. "I'm down."

Hoseok shot forward. "Hold on. Jin, why do you have a WikiFeet page for the Captain?"

"Why is WikiFeet a thing?" Yoongi added.

"Fine art should be recognized," Jin said and handed his phone with the page open to Hoseok and Yoongi.

Yoongi inspected it. "'Kim Namjoon, please let me suck your toes uwu,'" Yoongi read with a frown. "What the fuck is an uwu?"

Hoseok looked at him quizzically. "That's what you got from that?"