i.

- - -
doctors live in a world of constant progress and forward motion. stand still for a second and you'll be left behind. but as hard as we try to move forward, as tempting as it is to never look back; the past always comes back to bite us in the ass.
- - -

"alivia, i'm so thrilled that you decided to leave seattle presbyterian to become an attending at seattle grace mercy west, alongside your father!" adele beams as her not so little girl comes down the stairs, ready for her first day as an attending in a new hospital.

"well, chief hunt gave me an offer i couldn't refuse, and i guess it will be nice to spend more time with dad, especially o.r time," she shrugs, as her father enters the kitchen clutching his briefcase.

"you ready to go?" richard asks his daughter, and she nods and gives her mom a hug before heading to her father's car, her stomach doing constant somersaults.

alivia webber was a child prodigy; by the time she turned eighteen, she had already graduated from medical school. she won her first harper avery at just twenty, and now at twenty-two she is the youngest cardio thoracic attending ever, as well as the head of her department.

- - -
and as history shows us again and again, those who forget the past, are doomed to repeat it.
- - -

"dr. webber, and... dr. webber," owen hunt greets olivia and her father, from behind his desk, as he follows her into the chief's office. owen stands up to shake the young doctor's hand before walking around his desk to stand properly in front of her. "it's a pleasure to meet you. it's not everyday you get a famous child prodigy joining your team of surgeons."

"it's a pleasure to be here, chief hunt," she smiles in response, then turns to richard. "dad you can go. i only needed you to point me in the direction of the chief's office."

"are you kidding? i'm not going anywhere," richard responds, causing her to roll her eyes and owen to chuckle.

"change into these scrubs and i'll introduce you to some of the other doctors here," owen smiles, handing her a pair of navy scrubs and her new lab coat.

alivia goes to the attending lounge to get changed and store her everyday clothes. it is conveniently empty as she doesn't want the first time she meets her peers to be when she's half naked.

the last thing she does before heading back to meet hunt is pin her id card to her scrubs, and hope that her father has left by the time she gets back. but to no one's surprise, he is still there talking to the chief.

"now that's what i'm talkin' about" richard beams, seeing his daughter in the scrubs of his hospital, rather than the green seattle pres ones he was used to seeing her in.

richard grabs her for a hug, but her body remains rigid from embarrassment as owen just stands there chuckling to himself.

■ ■ ■

"why aren't you prepping for rounds, and stealing all the good cases?" meredith questions, arching her eyebrow at cristina who has just entered the gallery meredith is currently sat observing in.

"no reason," cristina responds, taking a seat next to meredith. " why aren't you prepping for rounds, and stealing all the good cases?"

"no reason." the two best friends sit in silence for a few moments, simply observing what is going on below before meredith turns to cristina. "i'm avoiding for mcdreamy."