lii.

- - -
people are really romantic about the beginnings of things. fresh start. clean slate. a world of possibility. but no matter what adventure you're embarking on, you're still you.
- - -

lia is stood doing laundry at meredith's house when jackson walks in behind her and removes his shirt.

"can you wash this too?" he asks with a cheeky smirk as she turns around to look at him.

"jackson,"she giggles as he throws the shirt to the side of the room before taking steps across the room until he's stood before her.

he begins to kiss her, and she smiles into the kiss, lifting up her arms in order to allow jackson to remove her shirt.

"ugh," april groans, as she enters the laundry room to find lia and jackson, who pull apart from their kiss to look at april. "is there anywhere you don't do it? no?"

april then shakes her head and throws her basket of laundry to the ground before turning on her heel and walking back out of the room.

"we should go upstairs," lia says, turning back to jackson.

"yeah," he breathes, before moving his head back towards hers and kissing her again.

lia's hands immediately go to either side of jackson's face to pull him deeper into the kiss. he then reaches down to the tops of her thighs to lift her onto the dryer so that he can stand between her legs, never breaking their kiss.

■ ■ ■

"ooh, avery," mark greets, squeezing jackson's shoulders. "today's the day. you, me, cross facial nerve graft. you pumped? i'm pumped."

"alright," jackson chuckles.

"get pumped," mark grins.

■ ■ ■

"how are we doing dr. park?" lia asks over the video call that is commencing during her surgery. "just a few more minutes, and my guy at u.c.l.a will have the heart he's been over a year for. okay. let's roll."

"got it," cristina nods.

"make sure that connection is secure," lia instructs. "that's right, and this tube removes waste."

"got it," cristina nods again.

"dr. park, your hospital's on the line. look at that," lia smiles from behind her surgical mask, using her head to gesture to the heart beating in a clear, plastic box. "she's about to catch a flight to la and not even know she left the body."

"damn it," dr. park groans over the line.

"what is it?" lia asks, concerned by his tone.

"my guy arrested," he sighs. "they weren't able to resuscitate."

"he's dead? damn it," she matches dr. park's groan from earlier. "it's all dressed up, and no place to go."

lia quickly leaves the o.r in order to phone around in order to figure out what to do with the heart now. after several useless phone calls, she eventually finds has success and then renters the o.r.