lxv.

- - -
surgeons can't be lazy, the risks are too great. the second we stop pushing ourselves, something terrible happens.
- - -

"karev, throw the ball!" owen shouts to alex who is busy talking to cristina and meredith at the side of the pitch, rather than practicing like the rest of the team.

alex then throws it to mark, who catches it and throws it to arizona who squeals, and misses it.

"come on," derek groans.

"robbins, don't be afraid of it," owen coaches.

"wait. i- oh," arizona says, chasing after the ball. "well, it flew at my head."

"not bad. not bad," a woman from the opposing team tells mark.

"you like that?" he smirks.

"i said not bad," she laughs. "don't go crazy."

"uh-huh," he nods, stepping forward and leaning in to kiss her, as she places a hand on the back of his neck.

"sloan. hey, sloan," derek shouts to his teammate.

"yo!" mark acknowledges him, whilst continuing to kiss the woman.

"come on, focus," derek scolds.

"okay," mark says, continuing to kiss her, before eventually pulling away.

"why is mark kissing julia canner?" lia asks, from where she is stood, just behind the fence.

"wh- who's julia canner?" bailey asks.

"she's an ophthalmologist," lia reveals. "i used to work with her at seattle pres."

"mark's been... seeing her," arizona adds from the opposite side of the fence.

"every night this week," callie chuckles.

"hunt, i gotta go," derek says, walking away from his pitching position, following a page he received.

"what?" owen asks.

"lia!" derek shouts, from across the pitch so that she looks over to him. "i need a consult."

"yeah, okay," she smiles, walking to meet derek.

"no, no, wait. we're-" owen begins to protest.

"i gotta check on a sick kid. can i get a ride?" arizona asks, following lia to derek.

"listen, no-" owen continues to protest.

"i gotta update the boards," april adds, also walking away from her position.

"no, no," owen shakes his head, as the practice begins to completely fall apart.

"is that it?" cristina shouts across the pitch. "are we done?"

"just- just wait," owen orders.

"hustle, everyone," derek says, as the entire team walk off the pitch to head back to the hospital.

■ ■ ■