clxxxi.

- - -
when life forces us to do something impossible an explosion happens inside the body.
- - -

lia is leaving the hospital for the day, walking through the parking lot towards her car, when she hears a loud bang behind her. .

following this bang, she instantly freezes before turning back around to face the hospital. when she looks up, she sees an explosion in the south wing, followed by the sound of screams.

- - -
a rush of hormones blasts through us, making us stronger, making us faster.
- - -

jackson and maggie are sat on a gurney that has been placed against the nurses station when they hear a loud bang, and feel the room shake, followed by the fire alarm blaring.

"okay, so, either this is a drill or it's a real fire," maggie says as jackson stands from the gurney to see what's going on. "and if it's a real fire, then it probably has something to do with the guy, so i vote drill."

"despite that large boom you just heard?" jackson raises his brow. "really?"

"alright, fine. it's the guy," maggie sighs. "the bad, escaped-rapist guy. why? why?!"

"oh! the door's unlocked," jackson announces as he pushes the door slightly open.

"well, yeah, fire would override a lockdown," maggie shrugs.

"i got to go find stephanie," jackson tells her.

"just be careful," maggie warns, and he looks at her for a moment before running off.

- - -
biology overrides fear and that makes the impossible possible.
- - -

lia rubs towards the hospital entrance, but she is stopped by the three police officers that are stood outside.

"the entryway is closed, ma'am," officer o'neil holds his hand up.

"i just watched an explosion up there!" lia stresses.

"and i already reported it," o'neil assures her. "the hospital's on a lockdown."

"whoa. did you see that?" arizona asks as she and callie also run up to the entrance.

"something exploded up there," callie points.

"this entrance will remain closed," o'neil insists.

"east, south. possibly in the south wing," callie tells the officers. "four or five floors up."

"that's right near the nicu," lia points out.

"and the ccu," arizona adds.

"we have to get in there!" lia argues.

"yeah, we need to get in there," arizona reinforces as bailey opens the door behind the officers and steps out.

"there was an explosion!" callie shouts over the officers to bailey.

"they won't let us in!" arizona points to the officers.

"they're clear to come in. i need their help," bailey tells the officers and waves the doctors towards them.