lxxx.

- - -
don't be scared. i have no idea how many times i've said it. the intern stands over a patient with a scalpel or a needle or a clamp, afraid to make the first move.
- - -

"how is she doing?" lia asks owen about cristina as they walk down the hospital corridor. "is she-"

"oh, we're- i don't know- she's- we're good," owen tells her. "we're fine. it's like nothing has changed, yet she refuses to talk about work. i bring up work, and she goes blank."

"maybe i shouldn't go on this vacation," lia exhales deeply. "i mean, i'm only going to visit sabie again. i was only going to get away from the hospital for a while, but i can stay."

"no, you should go," owen insists. "you've been through a lot too. you deserve some time off to see your family."

"webber, hunt," richard calls from behind them, cutting their conversation short. "emergent patient ten minutes out. can you meet me in the v.i.p wing?"

"in the v.i.p wing?" lia raises her brow. "who is it?"

"oh, you'll find out when we get there. let's go," richard nods and the two surgeons follow him to the v.i.p wing.

when they get to the v.i.p wing, there are three security men stood, guarding the door.

"dr. webber, ronald dace, state department," one of them greets, stepping forward and presenting his badge. "we spoke on the phone? these your surgeons?"

"uh, yes, this is doctor-" richard begins to introduce them as they all follow ronald into the v.i.p wing.

"right now, we need to limit access to this area to only essential personnel," ronald cuts him off.

"uh, why is that necessary?" richard asks.

"no one can know this man is being hospitalised," he informs the doctors. "no one can know he's in the country.

lia and owen stop walking as a man is wheeled in on a gurney, surrounded by men is suits speaking in arabic.

"everyone, stop," owen orders as he and lia push their way through to work on the patient. "someone get the paddles."

"got it," lia says, placing a board underneath him. "he's in v-fib. charge to two hundred."

"and from a global perspective," ronald continues to speak to richard. "it would be great if he didn't die."

"clear," lia instructs as she and owen look at each other, panic in their eyes.

■ ■ ■

"they faxed more of his records," a nurse hands lia some paperwork whilst she's looking at the monitor, outside the v.i.p patient's room as owen continues to shock him.

"these are all in arabic," lia states, looking through them.

"it was a car accident?" richard asks ronald.

"the emir's car was hit by a truck as he was leaving the meeting," ronald confirms.

"what's he doing in seattle?" richard raises a brow.

flatline [m.s]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara