cxxvi.

- - -
if it ain't broke, don't fix it. the saying's as true of the human body as it is of a washing machine or a blender.
- - -

"hey, wake up," mark says, leaning in and kissing lia who is lying in bed with a sleep mask covering her eyes.

"mm," lia giggles, sliding  her sleep mask onto her forehead. "morning."

"it's gonna be a great morning," jackson enthuses, entering lia's bedroom carrying a tray that he places on lia's lap before getting into the bed on the other side of lia. "we made you eggs benedict."

"where's darci?" lia asks, sitting up slightly and furrowing her brow at jackson's presence.

"napping. ooh. try the eggs," mark suggests as he picks up a fork from the tray. "the- the bacon is jalapeño infused."

"tomorrow we're making short ribs infused with cabernet," jackson reveal.

"i just want coffee infused with cream," lia rubs her eyes.

"no, yeah, but just try the hollandaise," mark insists,

"i- i have to get ready," lia argues. "i have a big surgery-"

"hold on," mark interrupts, bringing a forkful of food up to her mouth. he then drops some food on her as he shoves the fork into her mouth. "i'm sorry."

"mmm," lia nods with false enthusiasm, not knowing exactly how to respond to this uncomfortable situation.

■ ■ ■

"jackson was in my bed this morning," lia reveals to callie as the two girls step off the elevator.

"wait- what?" callie chuckles. "like literally in your bed?"

"yeah," lia nods. "i was in between him and mark, and they made breakfast, and were talking about food. i mean, i am so grateful that they get along, but i think having my baby daddy and fiancé in my bed is taking co-parenting too far."

"that's weird," callie looks to lia with amusement.

"i know," lia nods to agree, drawing to a halt. "they're literally together all the time. they work together all day, then if they're not together after work cooking and watching tv shows where other people cook, they're on the phone talking about cooking. it is driving me insane. i can't even remember the last time we had sex."

"you and mark aren't having sex?" callie raises her brow in surprise, and the amusement she previously displayed has vanished. "you... and mark... sloan?"

"did you miss the part where i said, 'jackson was in my bed'?" lia laughs. "he's ruining my life."

"come on," callie laughs, shaking her head as she links arms with lia as they continue their path to the e.r.

■ ■ ■

"hey. sorry i'm late," lia apologises, walking into her apartment where she finds mark tidying up some of darci's stuff that has been left laying around the living room. "i got stuck planning tomorrow's surgery."

"oh, well, did you figure it out?" mark asks, folding up one of darci's blankets.

"you know it," lia nods walking over to him. "darci?"