lix.

- - -
the human body is a highly pressurized system. the blood pressure measures the force of blood pulsating through the arteries. it's important to keep this pressure regulated. low or inadequate pressure can cause weakness or failure.
- - -

"hey, dad," lia smiles, entering the kitchen of her childhood home, where richard is putting something back into the fridge.

"oh, hey, darlin'," he smiles, wrapping her into a hug. "how was sabie?"

"she's good," lia nods. "i thought you would be at the hospital by now- i mainly came to see mom. how is she?"

"she has her good days and her bad," richard admits, but lia isn't convinced, so she just nods. "and you're right; i should be at the hospital, so i better get going."

richard gives his daughter a kiss on the cheek before exiting the kitchen. as he does, lia notices a post-it fall to the ground. she walks over to the doorway and kneels down to pick it up. when she turns it over she sees it reads, 'this is richard. he is your husband'.

lia shoves the post-it in her pocket, then investigates in the kitchen where she finds other notes littered about. she sighs, screwing her eyes shut as she thinks of her childhood, and how she is slowly losing her mother.

she then heads to the living room where her mother is sat in front of the television, barely taking notice of what is on.

"hi, mom," she smiles, taking a seat next to adele, who's eyes remain fixed on the tv. "how are you? i've missed you so much... are you hungry?"

"what's you're name?" adele asks with an innocent smile as she turns to face her, and lia can practically feel her heart breaking. "i'm adele."

"alivia," she softly smiles, biting the inside of her cheek prevent herself from crying.

"that's a beautiful name," adele tells her. "my daughter's called alivia. it was her third birthday last week."

lia then stands up, and leaves the house. once she is outside, she leans back into the front door and begins to sob.

■ ■ ■

"hey, i thought you were coming back to work tomorrow?" jackson raises his brow, when he sees lia walking through the corridors of seattle grace mercy west.

"hi, lia, did you have a good time being shipped out of state? i really missed you. it's so good to see you," lia mocks, rolling her eyes at jackson, and continuing on her path.

"look, i'm sorry," jackson says, following his girlfriend who continues to ignore him. "i can explain, we just need to talk. can't we just talk?"

when lia doesn't respond, he grabs her wrist, stopping her in her tracks and spinning her round to face him.

"yes, jackson, we can talk," lia snaps, before softening her voice. "just not now, i've got to speak to derek. i'll talk to you at home."

she shakes her arm from jackson's grip and continues walking to derek's office, leaving jackson stood with his brow furrowed.

when she reaches his office, she finds him sat with meredith and both of their heads snap up to look at her when she enters.