cxxx.

- - -
don't you wish you could just take it back? that thing you said? that thing you did? there's no undo button. there's only hoping we can learn. we can change, right?
- - -

"have you and derek had a fight?" meredith asks lia as the two of them are walking through the hospital, after dropping darci and zola off at daycare.

"no," lia attempts to dismiss, whilst avoiding looking at meredith.

"really?" meredith raises her brow, unconvinced. "'cause every time i mention you, he goes quiet and has this weird look on his face... kind of like the one you have right now."

lia exhales deeply and opens her mouth to speak, but doesn't get the chance to before bailey approaches them, causing lia to let out a small sigh of relief.

"dr. webber, i have a follow up on one of your father's patients, sheldon morris," bailey informs lia, widening her eyes as she emphasises her words, suggestively, and meredith furrows her brow. "but i have a high profile patient coming in. could you take a look for me?"

"i really can't, bailey, i'm sorry," lia shakes her head apologetically. "i am swamped today. i have back to back surgeries nearly all day."

"don't worry, i'll ask shepherd," bailey smiles, turning to leave.

"don't ask derek," lia blurts, and meredith furrows her brow as bailey spins back around. "mark has a pretty free schedule today. ask him."

bailey nods before turning back around and heading off down the corridor. once bailey is out of sight, meredith immediately turns to look at lia.

"okay, there is definitely something going on," meredith presses, and lia remains silent for a few moments before responding.

"okay," lia sighs. "at christmas, derek accused my
dad of 'falling off the wagon', and i wouldn't call it a fight as such, but things have been a little awkward since."

"and has richard fell off the wagon?" meredith asks, and when lia doesn't respond she presses her further. "come on, lia, it's me. you can tell me anything. i won't tell derek if that's what you're worried about."

lia exhales deeply and for a moment meredith thinks that her sister is about to open up to her. but instead lia just walks away, leaving meredith to roll her eyes in response.

■ ■ ■

"mr. morris. dr. sloan. i'll be filling in for dr. bailey today," mark greets, shaking sheldon's hand as he enters the exam room. "so you're here for a follow up?"

"uh, yeah, yeah," sheldon nods. "i had my gall bladder out a couple of months ago."

"months?" mark furrows his brow as he looks up from the patient folder to look at sheldon. "and you're still getting follow ups?"

"i am, once a week," sheldon confirms.

"once a week?" mark's confusion continues to grow, as he returns to looking through the file.

"yeah. dr. bailey says she just wants to make sure i'm in tip-top shape," sheldon chuckles.

"dr. webber did your surgery?" mark asks.