3.

next morning

I crawled out of bed, stretching my body as I got myself up and ready for school. I had an 8am class today and it was about to be long so I had to prepare myself for it.

"P, you up?" My dad came into my room and asked.

"Yeah.." I trailed off, looking in the mirror at my messy hair and bags under my eyes.

"Alright, Smoke is taking you to school." He said and I nodded.

"Okay." I spoke as he closed the door.

I took a quick shower then brushed my teeth before I got dressed and threw my hair up into a messy bun.

Once I was finished with everything, I looked in the mirror at myself. After approving of my lazy attire, I put on one of my diamond earrings and looked for the other one that had all of sudden dissapeared. I panicked for a while not being able to find it before I called it a day and walked out of my room. I had to get to school and it had to be in my room somewhere.

"You ready?" Smoke looked up from his phone as I put my book bag on, nodding.

"Aight, come on."

We made our way outside and his car was parked behind my dad's. We got in as he started it up and pulled away from the house.

The ride was quiet the entire way because I didn't have anything to say. I was sad but I didn't want to nor did I know how to express it.

"I'm sorry, P." He spoke.

"It's good." I shrugged as if I didn't care.

"I'm your big brother. I know you're upset, P and it's okay to be. I just need to do this for me. It ain't shit here for me in Compton."

"Cool." I shrugged again as he pulled up to the school and I quickly got out of the car before he could say anything else.

I didn't say anything or look back as I made my way into the building.

As always the hallways were crowded and I was just trying to get to class, which was about to be a task in itself.

"Hey, P." Someone spoke, I didn't even know who it was but I waved anyway.

"Yo, P!" I heard someone else call and I waved again.

Pushing through people, I clutched my books into my arms to prevent them from falling.

"What the fuck?" I spat, feeling someone bump into me roughly as my books fell face first onto the ground.

I looked up to see who it was and it was the same white boy from before.

"Are you fucking blind dumbass?!" I spat.

It was like he was doing this on purpose now.

He looked at me with his lip turned up as if he wanted to do something. I was already upset about Smoke and now this.

"Bitch, pick up my shit!" I snapped at him and he raised his eyebrows.