15.

Kojo

Giving P a death stare as she walked to the other side of my car to get in. I got in on my side and Pharaoh leaned in through the window.

"Remember what I told you, nigga." He said to me in my ear and I nodded.

"I told you, it ain't nothing like that." I reminded and he nodded, hitting the top of my car before walking off.

Pulling away from the house, I looked at P out of the corner of my eye.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked confused by my stares and I stayed quiet, trying to get my words together.

"What did they say to you?" She asked and I remained quiet.

"Oh, we're back to rude Kojo." She shook her head.

I sat there quietly as I figured out how I wanted to come at her, I knew if I snapped out she would be all dramatic so I tried to calm myself before speaking. But I knew her nagging was only going to take me over the edge. She knew it too. She'd learned how to get under my skin.

"I don't know what they told you but whatever it is, it isn't true." She went on and I continued to ignore her.

"What's your point of coming to get me from school and coming back to get me right now, if all you're going to do is be rude to me? You don't want me. So what the hell is it, Kojo?"

"Why are you holding on to this? Do you feel bad for me or something?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Is this the way you treat all your friends? If so, I don't want any parts of this shit." She kept going and I shot her a look, making her shut her mouth.

"Shut up and don't say shit else."

"Exc-"

"Shut the fuck up, Penelope." I spoke sternly, cutting her off.

"Who are you talking to like that?"

"I'm talking to you, shut your damn mouth. All you do is yell and catch attitudes all day when you don't get your way. I'm not doing this shit with you."

"Let me out then." She said dramatically as I'd predicted.

"Let me out now!" She screamed as she kicked at the door and I stopped the car, letting her get out.

Closing my eyes, I took a few deep breaths before I pulled over and put the car in park. I then took my seatbelt off and got out, slamming my door. She walked quickly down the street but I caught up to her, roughly grabbing her and pulling her to me.

"Cut the dramatics." I said her, trying not lose it.

"Stop it!" She screamed, looking up at me with a scared look on her face. I sighed as I looked down at her now bruised wrist.

Letting her go, I looked into her eyes, thinking that I was the one that did it.

"I apologize. You know I'm not trying to hurt you." I went on to say and she shook her head, covering it with her sleeves.