4.

Saturday night

Penelope

Laying in bed, I kept thinking about earlier. I had to admit that I was rude as hell to that white boy. Though he bumped me twice, I didn't have to snap out on him like that. He seemed like a cool dude. Plus he returned my earring and that was really nice. He could've pawned it or something but he didn't.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, I looked up at Smoke who had just walked into my room.

"Come downstairs real quick." He told me and I nodded, getting out of my bed and putting on my Nike slides.

I made my way downstairs, pulling my hoodie over my head and everybody looked up at me once I walked into the living room.

"So as you all know.."

"Smoke is leaving next week." My mother announced and Pharoah looked as if he was about to snap.

"Nigga ain't say shit to us." Pharaoh spoke angrily.

"Bro, I know y-"

"Nah, I ain't tryna hear shit, bro. That's lame." He stood to his feet and angrily left out the front door.

I watched as my other brothers sat there with emotionless faces but I knew they were just as hurt as we were.

"Do what you want, nigga." Kohan shrugged, walking out of the living room.

I shook my head at the scene before me as my phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, looking down at it.

From: Reap
Come see me. I got a free crib.

Getting excited at this rough time, I tuned out what was going on around me.

To: Reap
Ok.

"P." I hear my mother's voice and I quickly looked up.

Once I did, everybody was looking directly at me.

"Yes?" I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling caught.

"Are you okay?" She asked me as I came back to reality and shrugged.

"I'm cool." I spoke simply, standing to my feet.

I walked out and made my way back upstairs, I
then quickly got my hygiene together. Soon after, I put on my black sweatsuit and then my black Tim's.

Looking over my attire, I approved before I turned out my light and left out of my room.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked as I reached the bottom of my step.

"Going to Jakari's." I lied and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Come here." She said and I internally sighed.

I walked over to her as she and my brothers looked at me.

"You hang with Jakari outside of school now?"

"Yes, mom." I lied, Jakari was only my school friend.

"Alright, well have fun and be home by 10." She told me and I nodded, looking at the time to see that it was already 8.