24.

Penelope

"And I'll have a serious conversation with them too." She trailed off as we heard all of them coming back down the staircase.

"Aye, Keisha and P, go upstairs." My father spat sternly to us while my mother jolted her head back.

"Says the fuck who?" She sassed as he gave her a stern look and she looked back at him with her eyebrows raised.

Looking between the both of them, I didn't know what to do as I watched the long staring battle. Eventually my father finally gave in and my mother and I didn't move an inch.

"Aight then." My father said and a matter factly tone as he signaled for my brothers.

"In the basement." He nodded his head for the basement door as they all did as he said.

"Smoke and Kojo. Y'all too." He spat as while I quickly looked over to Ko, shaking my head.

"Your father is going to want to talk to him, P." My mother spoke up once she noticed how nervous I was.

"Mom, they were all just fighting, I'm not letting him go anywhere near them."

"I'm cool, P." He spoke up, trying to convince me but I simply shook my head.

"I don't trust them." I admitted as Smoke slowly stood to his feet.

"He'll be aight. They're not going to do nothing while pops or I'm down there, sis." He went onto assure me and I huffed in agreement.

Though I wasn't sure about my father, I trusted Smoke enough to believe his words. He supported us so he would allow them to touch him again.

"Okay." I spoke quietly as Kojo came over to me and bent down to kiss my lips.

"Go ahead home, I'll meet you there." He said to me, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"You want me to leave?"

"Yeah.." He trailed, looking back at Smoke while I looked at him in confusion.

"But wh-"

"Let me handle this, P. You just go home and get some sleep, you got class in the morning. I'll be over there once I'm finished with them." He assured as I slowly nodded my head, looking at him skeptically.

"Okay.."

"Fine." Was all I said, deciding not to even protest.

This was obviously a guy thing and it needed to be handled in a guy way but I just hoped that Smoke held it down if anything went wrong. Because I was terrified to leave Ko here alone.

"Can you take me home, mom?" I asked, turning my head toward her and she nodded slowly.

"Sure, baby." She smiled, looking from Kojo to me.

*

Kojo

"This meeting has been called because there's a snake in the grass." Penelope's pops went on and on as I sat, listening to his words.