8.

..next day

Kojo

Watching Penelope from afar, I sat in the school's food court farthest away from her. I studied her as she had her face in her books. She was actually cute with her mouth shut which is rare to see because she's always talking.

Scoffing to my self, I contemplated if I wanted to go over and apologize to her. She did look lonely since the girl she's always with wasn't with her today.

Scooting my chair back, I stood to my feet and made my way over to her table. I sat down across from her as she looked up from her work.

She didn't say anything, she just looked at me with a blank face.

"You good?" I asked her and she furrowed her eyebrows before nodding.

"You're being nice today?" She asked confused.

"Or are you here to be a bitch?" She sassed and I tucked my lips to keep from snapping on her.

"Fuck y-"

"Oh okay, thought so." She nodded, cutting me off and I sighed.

"Look, I just came over here to apologize to you but if you gon' act like that then fuck it." I looked away from her.

"Wait, what?" She asked.

"I said I just came over here to apologize." I said, not looking at her and she moved over to look me in my face.

"What? I think those wires got in the way." She furrowed her eyebrows, smiling and I smacked my lips, smirking.

"You heard me, yo." I said to her and she smiled widely.

"You? Kojo? The guy that's never nice to anyone including his own little sister is saying sorry to me?"

"Little ol' me?" She exaggerated and I sighed, standing to my feet.

I was tired of this interaction.

"Wait, no." She whined.

"What?" I smacked my lips.

"Sit down." She demanded and I did, sighing.

"I just want to say, I accept your apology and I apologize to." She told me.

"What? I couldn't hear you." I joked and she smacked her lips, smiling.

"And thank you for apologizing." She told me and I nodded, standing to my feet again.

"Wait, no." She said again and I smacked my lips.

"What, Penelope?" I asked her, fed up with her now.

"Can you sit with me please? I'm lonely. My friend isn't here today."

I stared at her blankly before I sighed, deciding that I would sit with her and before I knew it her face was back in her book.

"So you want me to sit here and you ain't even talking to me?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to catch up on this work that I've already missed." She sighed.