9.

..two weeks later

"So y'all are friends now?" Jakari laughed at me as I talked to her about Kojo.

Kojo and I weren't friends but he let me catch rides home with him almost everyday for the past two weeks so we were definitely something.

"Sorta like carpool buddies." I explained and she smacked her lips.

"Yeah, alright. He's still weird to me."

"Who gets a face tattoo willingly?" She criticized.

"I think it's nice." I shrugged again, looking down at my work that I was currently doing in the cafe.

"Oh, I see.." She smiled and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You like him."

"Bitch, what?" I raised my eyebrows.

I hadn't even looked at Kojo in that way. He was automatically like an annoying older brother to me because that's what he reminded me of.

"You heard me, you like him." She tooted her lips up and I scoffed.

"No, Jakari." I shook my head, brushing that thought out of my mind.

I do not like him. I thought.

"Plus I have a boyfriend, did you forget?" I asked and she smacked her lips.

"Oh..yeah, Reap." She put her eyes to the sky.

"Yes, Reap." I smiled, thinking about him and how we've been seeing each other almost everyday these past two weeks.

"Please, P. Reap ain't shit and you know it."

"First of all, don't talk about him, Jakari." I spoke up and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Let's not play stupid here, P. We both know he isn't." She went on, offending him.

"Don't talk about my boyfriend. He's not here to defend hisself so watch what you say plus I never come at you for your bullshit ass niggas." I spat and she scoffed.

"Whatever, P. You're letting that boy fuck with your mind, you're mad at the wrong one." She said as I began to grab my stuff.

"He's got you all fucked up in the head. Look at you leaving the table like somebody's supposed to feel bad for saying the truth. I love you girl but get your shit together." She went on, chuckling as I walked away from the table with my middle finger up.

"Bitch." I said to myself.

Making my way outside, I pulled out my phone to call Reap. He didn't answer but he texted me shortly after saying that he was busy and he'd talk to me later.

I replied to him with a simple Okay as I now sat alone. My mind began to drift off, thinking about everything Jakari was saying.

I know it was easy to think Reap wasn't shit but he was just reserved, I had to prove my loyalty to him before he took me serious.