You're Alive |Shoto Todoroki x Reader

AN: Hiya! This is a soulmate au cuz I love them!
Length: 1.4k
Pronouns used: She/her
(y/h/s) - Your high school
Soulmate AU: Writing something on your skin will also appear on your soulmate's skin

Summary: Soulmate AU where whatever you write on your skin appears on your soulmate's. Todoroki's been trying for years to reach you and eventually comes to the sad conclusion you died. Until, he saw words on his wrist, he didn't write.

Name: (y/n) (l/n)

Quirk: (y/q)
Age: (14/15)

***********

Around the age of 10, everyone gets the ability to talk to their soulmate through their skin. Whatever someone writes on their skin, will appear on their soulmate. However, that wasn't the case for Shoto Todoroki. He had heard stories from their mother about soulmates, in fact, she often told him these stories. He loved hearing them and deep down, he couldn't wait to meet his soulmate. When he turned 10, he was beyond ecstatic. He counted the days till his birthday just for that. His sister helped him pick out the color and everything. She even helped think of something cute to write.

Hi <3, nice to meet you

Then came the waiting game. He waited all day excitedly but nothing. No response. He was so upset, he spent all night crying. His sister did her best to console him, telling him that maybe his soulmate wasn't 10 yet. Maybe they were seven or eight or maybe they were nine and going to turn 10, he just needed to keep at it.

So he did. Every. Single. Day. Every morning he would wake up and write 'Hey' with a heart and that was it. He did every single day for five years and never once got a response.

This morning he was running a bit late. He had stayed up extra late last night to account for some homework he neglected to do earlier that day. Therefore, he woke up late in the morning. Once he was in class though, he rolled up his sleeve and on his wrist and started to write, but the second the pen touched his skin, he stopped. Why bother? He wasn't gonna get a response anyway. No way his soulmate was under the age of ten, still! Maybe... maybe they died? He sighed and placed the pen down, trying to focus on something else for the time being but he couldn't. It hurt... his heart hurt. It hurt all over.

As he sat in silence, he felt tingling on his wrist. Confused, he lifted his hand up and pulled his sleeve down. His eyes widened and he felt tears prick his eyes.

Hiya 

The handwriting was so cute and the heart was so perfect. Still startled, he grabbed his pen and wrote down his normal greeting. 'Hey' with a heart. Right after he watched as the "omg omg omg omg omg omg" appeared on his wrists.

YOU RESPONDED! YOU'RE ALIVE! 

 He let out a little laugh at that and placed his forehead against his palm and closed his eyes.

"You're alive..." He repeated her words in a whisper, doing his best to keep his tears to himself.

"Todoroki, are you ok?" He heard, looking to the side he saw Midoriya. He gave him a nod and a rare smile.

"They're alive. My soulmate... they're alive." Midoriya gave him the biggest smile. Todoroki had told him and a couple of other classmates when they had caught his message on his wrist. He didn't bother hiding it and they were all very apologetic but also optimistic.

"I'm so happy for you! Uraraka!" He smiled as he saw the girl approach with her own soulmate at her side, Bakugou. Who knew? (Yeah I ship them, fight me)