Mission Complete | Izuku Midoriya x Assassin!Reader

AN: I wanted to do some angst, so here ya go!
ANGST UP AHEAD! Another story I've always wanted to see but don't think anyone's done! Imma do em all!
Length: 998
Pronouns used: They/them

Summary: You were tasked with killing the number 1 hero Deku. It's about time you finally complete your mission.

Name: (f/n) (l/n)
Quirk: (y/q)
Villain Name: (v/n)
Age: 27
Villain Rank: S

*********

He was the number 1 pro-hero, he was All Might's successor. He was so determined, more determined than anyone in his entire school. Unlike the others, however, he wasn't afraid to fall in love. Unlike the others, he didn't put everything on hold because he was a pro-hero. Yes, it was important, but so was everything else. So he fell in love... with the most beautiful, amazing person. He loved them. So much.

They were strong too. (Y/f/n) was quite the strong person, they were independent, they were confident, they were perfect. Too perfect. Poor Izuku hadn't realized it then, but (f/n) was too perfect for him.

Where had he met them? Oh yeah, during a villain attack. The attack near a hero agency, (f/n) happened to be there. By pure coincidence, they were the only who wasn't hurt. Everyone else had some degree of injuries... except them.

Deku didn't really question it. He didn't fall in love quickly, in fact, the two were friends for almost a year before he asked them out. They were such a strong couple, for about the next four years. Every ounce of doubt that anyone had was put to bed during those four years. Deku had become a great hero, everyone respected and loved him. His dream had come true, he was able to save people with a smile on his face.

On their five year anniversary, he proposed. In front of all his friends and family at the celebration. Everyone was so happy, beyond happy. It was all over the news... everything was perfect.

Until... one fateful night. The two had returned home after a long day at work. He had taken a bath while (f/n) prepared something for them to eat. Along with a quick dinner, they served his favorite wine.

"Hey, you didn't have to do all this." He smiled, running his hands through his damp hair. (f/n) smiled up at him, walking over and pressing their lips together in a chaste kiss.

"Yeah, but you've had a bit of a stressful week and I thought this might help a bit." They responded. The two sat down and had their dinner. (f/n) was right, Deku could feel his stress melting away and it was great, especially after the week he had. The two had cleaned up and returned to the bedroom, where Deku stopped (f/n). He took his lover into his arms, kissing them passionately.

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you so much. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I know my life is a bit stressful. My life is dangerous, with all these villains after me. I'm glad you accepted my proposal, hell, I'm glad you even agreed to go out with me. I was so scared that you'd say no because we were such good friends or that you were scared of my life or something... but I'm glad you said yes. I... I love you so much (y/f/n)." He lifted (f/n)'s left hand, his thumb grazing the ring. "I can't wait until we get married. I promise to always protect you and..." The hero paused as the uncomfortable feeling flooded his body. Deku blinked a few times as his vision started to get hazy. "Protect you and..." He watched as (f/n)'s gentle smile turned into a smirk.

"That poison took too long to work." They said.

"Wh-what?" His lover grabbed his hand and led him to the couch and pushed him back on it. The number 1 pro-hero stumbled and fell back, unable to do anything as his lover stood over him, smiling like a maniac.

"This was the longest mission for me, 5 years... but it was worth it. Wanna know why? Because I get to watch as the light drains from your beautiful, emerald eyes." (f/n)'s finger grazed his cheek as his heart sped up. His chest felt heavy and his eyesight was already hazy. "You're strong. Some believe you're stronger than All Might. You're practically invincible... to everything except poison. I never thought I'd get this opportunity!" They laughed as if they were relieved. "I, (y/f/n), get to kill Deku." The green-haired male frowned as tears slipped out of his eyes.

"Th-this... is a joke... right? You're... you would... never..." But that look... that look of pure evil in his lover's bright (e/c) eyes was undeniable. "Damn it..." He muttered. (f/n) watched as the light disappeared, they watched as their fiance's heart stopped beating. When it did, they jumped for joy. Grabbing what money they could, the number 1 hero's partner fled. "I killed the number 1 hero." They laughed.

It was all over the news. Not one news outlet wasn't covering the story.

Izuku Midoriya, hero name Deku, was found dead in his home with his partner missing. Everyone assumed the sweet, innocent, (f/n) was kidnapped. The hero agency he worked at also received ransom notes, demanding money in return for (f/n). Everyone did what they could, but in the end, (f/n) was never found. A body wasn't discovered and everyone assumed the worst. In all the years' everyone had known (f/n), everyone was 100% person sure that they would rather die than become a villain.

Soon after, the case went cold. (F/n) was never found and after a few weeks, the ransom notes stopped. There was one hint, many years later. Katsuki Bakugou had seen someone with the same description as Deku's lost lover. However, they were so fast, Ground Zero was unsure if it was them. In the end, it didn't matter. The number 1 hero was dead and his lover might be as well.

Some people were still sure that (f/n) was alive and well, but no one believed they were the person who killed Izuku Midoriya.

AN: In case there's any confusion, yes the reader killed Deku. It was them, no clone or a villain like Toga. It was them, they were hired to do so and they did, quite happily. Just a bit of angst to spice up your day!

Vote and comment to let me know how I'm doing!

Happy reading~