Doubt | Tamaki Amajiki x Reader

AN: So! I'm in a My Hero Academia discord server (MHA & Readers) and every month we have a server prompt that we do! This is from February and it was Soulmate AUs! I chose Tamaki and someone (I'm assuming the same person) asked for two more parts. So, I hope you like it!

Pronouns used: They/them
Length: 4.9k words

Summary: Everyone in the world has a soulmate and Tamaki Amajiki is no different. The thing is, he's terrified to meet or talk to his soulmate because he's scared they could a villain. That is... until he's finally able to talk to you.

Full Name: (y/f/n)
Quirk: (y/q)
Age: 18

***********

Every single person in the world has a soulmate. A predetermined pair, courtesy of the universe. Soulmates had a link, a way to communicate with each other. At the age of 18, anything someone wrote on their body would appear on their soulmate's body, in the exact same spot.

Tamaki Amajiki knew he had a soulmate, someone bound to him for life. He just couldn't believe that could be the case. Fated pairs were a scary thing due to the limited amount of knowledge surrounding the concept. No one knew why this weird ability existed, no one knew how these pairs were determined, and whether or not there was a person doing this.

Tamaki always feared who his soulmate would be. One of the main fears was if they'd be a villain. What would he do? Every single fated pair fell in love the second they saw each other. What if Tamaki's other half was a villain? How could he, a hero, fall in love with the enemy?

As his 18th birthday drew closer, Tamaki felt panic and anxiety rather than excitement. Both Mirio and Nejire did their best to convince him his other half wouldn't be a villain, but how could they be so sure?

"Come on, Tamaki, it'll be ok!" Mirio smiled. "I highly doubt your soulmate could be a villain! I bet they're someone awesome with an amazing quirk!"

"Mirio... you're too loud." Tamaki muttered, stuffing his face into his arms that laid on his desk. His 18th birthday was just a few days away and then he'd have to face his soulmate.

"Oh hey, you could be worrying for no reason," Nejire suggested, her legs swinging back and forth on the desk. "Maybe they're only 16 or 17. You wouldn't be able to talk to them then."

"Huh," Mirio said, "I didn't even think about that. She's got a good point."

"What if they are over 18?" Tamaki argued, turning his head up toward them. "What if they're like 20?"

"Well..." Nejire giggled sheepishly. "Then you'll be talking to them! Imagine, Amajiki! What if they're some awesome celebrity!"

"Or a super cool hero? Maybe from another country?" Mirio added. Tamaki tried his best to let them ease his worries, but no one could drown out that little voice in the back of his head. This was all speculation. They could be wrong.

***

Tamaki sighed as he looked at the clock on his nightstand. 11:43 pm on March 3rd. 17 minutes until he turned 18. He already had his pen ready and he'd decided where he'd write his little message. His mind was in a flurry of emotions, he wasn't sure if he was excited or not. Well, he was, to an extent, but he was also scared- no, terrified.

What if they didn't like him? What if his shyness and anxiety was too much for them? What about him? What if they were loud and mean like that Bakugou fellow? What if they were blunt and less understanding of his anxiety? He couldn't handle that! There's no way.

11:53 pm.

Mirio and Nejire had offered to stay with him but he declined, wanting to be alone. Both of them reminded him multiple times that they would be completely ok with him coming to their rooms for any reason.