Chapter 1: Team Ceremony

You awoke early from excitement. It was 8:30am and you didn't start filming until at least 12:00-1:00pm. You shut your eyes tightly in attempt to fall back asleep, but nothing seemed to work.

      Giving up with a sigh, you got out of bed quietly, making sure you didn't wake your cabin mates. With a yawn and a stretch, you made your way to the bathroom.

      You rubbed your eyes and looked at yourself in the mirror, it wasn't the prettiest sight. Thankfully, you found your elastic in your bed for when it fell out last night. You pulled it back into a ponytail, starting your daily routine. You washed your face and brushed your teeth before pulling out your makeup.

      Your makeup routine was basic, just doing your eyebrows, covering some rouge acne and applying mascara. You didn't care much for what you wore for the team ceremony, knowing you would eventually change and be decked out in team wear.

      You slipped on black tights, runners, and a forest green slightly cropped sweater. You looked over your appearance a few times in the mirror before looking at your phone to check the time, it was only 9:00am.

       You groaned. can't time go any faster? You left the bathroom and making your way to the kitchen. You hadn't even thought of eating food before brushing your teeth, a bit contradictory, but you couldn't care less at the moment, desperate to get some food into your system.

      You decided on a plain bagel with some cream cheese, popping the bagel in the toaster, you sat on the counter. Swinging your legs back and fourth, you silently wished someone would wake up soon so you wouldn't be so lonely.

      After the bagel popping and you spreading the cream cheese on it, you heard footsteps coming from behind. You closed the bagel and turned around, it was Olivia.

       You smiled at her, "Hey, Liv-Liv." You greeted before noticing you two were matching. "Twins." You pointed out, gesturing between you and her. She chuckled slightly, "If we're twinning, might as well go full out." She shrugged, and you did.

      You were sat on a kitchen chair, Olivia dutch braiding your hair, while you shared your bagel with her. After she finished with your hair, she grabbed her extra bandana and tied it around your neck like she had.

      You lead her to the bathroom so you could see your appearances together, "We look cute." You stated simply with a smile before pulling out your phone and snapping a pic. That'd be a good pic to post on Instagram.

      When you both left the bathroom it seemed mostly everyone was awake now, the time hitting 10:30am, and hour before you guys were to start filming.

      You both were greeted with 'hello's and a 'you guys look cute' from Flitz making you smile, he always seemed to be the perfect hype man.

      As you and the Smosh family chit-chatted away while the crew set up the scene, it was about time to actually start production. You felt your heart rise in your throat as you stepped onto the ledge with your friends. It wasn't the first time you'd be introduced, but it was still nerve wracking. You were practically freaking yourself out, palms becoming sweaty and you tried desperately to shake your nerves.

      Olivia stood next to you with a smile and placed a hand on your arm to calm you, "You'll be fine." She encouraged softly. You nodded in thanks before turning your head to face the camera that was backed up by studio lights, more camera's and audio.

     "In three...two..." The cameraman pointed at you as a one, on the cue everyone shouted, "Smosh Summer Games!"

      "What's up you guys," Ian started enthusiastically, "Welcome back to Smosh Summer Games, season 2." While Ian and Anthony did the introduction, most of you in the background played off their mistakes or fooled around a bit out of slight boredom.

      "—and seeing as this year its camp themed, we had to come up with some campy names." Ian explained glancing at Anthony, "So my team is the...Harshmallows!" He announced with a dramatic point to the folded yellow flag.

      You glanced at Olivia and Sohinki who were stood beside you, unsure of what to do and after a split moment of awkward eye contact with the others, you pulled the string to reveal the flag.

You heard claps from beside you, "I didn't know I was—I was elected flag pulled last minute." You heard a few chuckles. "Great, my team's already cursed." Ian muttered as a yellow shirt flew at him.

      You all chanted, "Take it off!" as Ian performed a joke striptease, making you groan a bit and cover your eyes jokingly. Anthony has revealed his team next, "And my team is, The Kumbayaas!" His flag also getting pulled down, and clapped for.

      Anthony followed in the steps of Ian's striptease,. guess we're all doing that now. You weren't complaining though, Anthony did have a nice body.

      "Since your team won winter games, I think it's only fair I get to choose first." Anthony announced, "First has to be the best." Ian piped in.

      As Anthony asked for bribes for who wanted to be picked, his decision was followed shortly after. "I pick...Joven!" He exclaimed, holding his arms out at him. Joven looked up from his wallet with surprise before jumping down with joy. "I've been picked first!" Everyone snickered at his reaction, even surprised themselves that Joven was chosen first.

      "Well, I'm going to use someone who hasn't shown off their abilities yet..." Ian said, hands in a prayer position by his lips, scanning the room with a glint in his eyes. "They could either be a blessing or a curse."

      You had assumed it must have been you he was talking about, but you bit your tongue to save yourself from embarrassment if you were wrong. "I choose...Y/n!" He announces, arms reaching out to you. Your friends clapped behind you as you jumped down from the ledge with a smile, giving Ian a hug.

      "For everyone at home who doesn't know yet, Y/n is joining us for this years games because our teams would be uneven otherwise." Ian gave a brief explanation while you nodded along before a shirt was thrown at you, catching the top of your head.

      You heard everyone laugh as you pulled the shirt off your face with fake annoyance. "Take it off!" You heard them chant as you reached for your shirt, you felt your cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

      "I'm human being!" You pouted, earning laughs as you turned away from the camera, taking off your sweater and putting the shirt on.

      About a minute later, the teams were decided. Team Harshmallows was Ian, You, Mari, Keith, Shayne, Lasercorn and Flitz. Team Kumbayaaas was Anthony, Joven, Noah, Olivia, Wes, Courtney and Sohinki.

      "I can't believe you would separate me from my twin like that!" Olivia protested, looking over at you with a sad gaze. You returned the look, "We'll be back together after the war."

      "This brings a whole new meaning to lady by the train." Shayne piped in, making you laugh. You were pumped for the first game, you couldn't wait to give it all you've got.