Chapter 8: Walk It Off Like an Olympian

It felt as if the games were coming at light speed. It was like every corner you turned there was another video to record and post, and it was starting to get a little tiring.

Luckily (or unluckily) for you, you'd be sitting out of this game due to your injury. Although playing Mario and Sonic 2012 Olympic's wasn't that physically challenging, Matt Raub demanded no chance of risk.

You sighed to yourself quietly, balancing the crutches you had received under your armpits, trying your best to fill in your eyebrows. After finishing up and putting the pencil back in your makeup bag, you threw your hair into a messy bun and slowly, but surly, made your way into the gaming room.

You stared down at your clothes, you were hoping nobody had noticed, but you were still in Shayne's x2 too big clothing. Who could blame you though? Oversized clothes are the best.

You pushed the door open and flop yourself down into the corner of the couch, sinking back to get comfortable. The crew was already in there, setting up lights, cameras, and preparing audio. You waved to them silently before pulling out your phone to pass time.

You decided against going on social media, unsure if the fans and your peers had calmed down since last nights post. Instead, you simply played a basic game.

After a few minutes, you felt the couch dip beside you. You turned your phone off and placed it on your lap before turning your attention toward whoever just sat down. "Hey, Keith." You smiled warmly at him, subconsciously tucking your hands in the sweater sleeves.

He returned the gesture before throwing his arm around you. "How you feelin'?" Keith asked, pressing himself into you to create some form of side hug. "I'm feeling okay," You answered with a weak smile, "I could be better, though." You concluded, gesturing at your wrapped ankle and your crutches that were propped up near by.

Keith sighed solemnly, flashing a small pity smile. "Don't worry, girl! We'll win this whole thing for you if you have to sit out for long!" He pushed your shoulder lightly, laughing a little. You laughed along before pushing him back, "Alright, I believe you." You giggled out, head resting on his shoulder afterward.

You sighed happily, "What would I do without you guys helping me through this?" You asked, mostly rhetorically. "Crash and burn, girl," Keith cracked a smile. "Crash and burn."

***

The rest of the members piled in around twenty minutes into your's and Keith's conversation, settling down and dividing themselves on either side of the couch.

      You enjoyed being squished next to Keith, those twenty minutes really did a lot for your friendship and you got to know a lot more about each other, but you couldn't help but scoot yourself over in hopes Shayne would come and squeeze into that spot.

      Much to your disappointment, he simply glanced your way before sitting the furthest from you. You felt your heart pang against your chest, did you do something?

      You shook your head to rid the thought, this couldn't happen now, save the crying for later. You took comfort in Keith's body pressed to yours, sadly resting your head against his shoulder.

      Keith looked down at you with confused eyes, noticing the sadness laced in your e/c hues. You simply shook your head, silently telling him 'don't worry about it.'

      Keith nodded shortly, and you knew by the look in his face he would want to talk about it with you later. You let it be, not wanting to start a silent argument.

      "You guys ready?" Sunny called from behind camera, snapping you out of your spiralling thoughts. Nods and 'yep!'s flooded the room and the cameramen started the countdown.