Epilouge

The bus would be arriving later in the afternoon to pick you and the rest of the Smosh crew up to take you home, making it an early wake up call to get everyone's things packed and clean the cabins before meeting at the main road.

You rubbed the crust from your eyes as you tucked your clothing away neatly into your suitcase with a yawn.

It was going to be a rough morning, but all good things come to an end.

Reaching for the last of your clothes to shove into your suitcase, your eyes land on the freshly cleaned Harshmallow's shirt and you can feel a solemn smile dance across your face.

Hugging the shirt close to your chest to take the final feelings from the trip, it took you a minute to stop before tucking it away neatly and zipping up your suitcase.

     You lugged your suitcase into the living room,  catching a whiff of the freshly cooked breakfast which seemed to put a solemn smile on your face.

      Ditching the heavy bag, you made your way into the kitchen greeting the others and grabbing yourself a plate of food.

      The feeling from yesterday hung in the air stronger today, but you weren't surprised.

     Everyone sat in sad silence, and something compelled in you to break it. "We always have next year." You nervously piped in with a small shrug.

As if the needle was finally poked into the balloon, the melancholic feeling was replaced by laughs, smiles and chatters as one by one the smosh family realized there is no reason for them to be so sad about something they can do again.

***

You didn't know why you thought it would be the time to have your main character moment as the bus was coming in about thirty minutes and you almost lost your arms lugging your suitcase that weighed as much as a newborn, but you would bitterly admit that the view from the top of the hill was worth it.

You allowed yourself to soak in the scene sat atop your suitcase before closing your eyes and listening to the wind wrap around your ears and blow your hair around wildly.

Reflecting on the trip as a whole, you realized that you would work to be a better person. You were far too fragile, temperamental and at times self-cantered.

It taught you to be more caring, more selfless and more carefree. After all, if you were going to be an Internet personality, you needed to learn to take things with a grain of salt.

You learned to appreciate your friendships more, the old ones and the new ones you've created on the trip. You learned to accept and expand your romantic horizons —

Your ears peek as someone clears their throat behind you.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

You opened your eyes as you felt the presence of Shayne approach your left side and you looked over to him, "Hey." You spoke with a smile, still perched happily on top of your suitcase.

"Hey," he responds, returning the smile before focusing on the horizon. "What a pretty view, makes me want to....think."

A curt laugh bursts out of your mouth, unable to stop it. "Did you come up here to mock my spot or did you want something from me?" You scoffed, crossing your arms over your chest with a smirk.