Chapter 10: It Takes Time

The crew decided not to start filming again for a few weeks to let you heal. You were grateful for that because it also gave to time to think about what you were going to do about the Courtney and Shayne situation.

The beginning of the weeks were the toughest.

You would share awkward glances with both Courtney and Shayne and you sometimes refused to be in the same room as them, yeah, it was that bad.

You couldn't take the constant eyes drilling into your soul, and the sometimes eye contact made everything worse.

You avoided Courtney and Shayne like the plague when you could. You decided you weren't ready for any sort of confrontation or any form of conversation with the two yet.

      As the weeks went on, it was blatantly obvious you were trying to avoid them and they were (for the most part) trying to avoid you too.

       It could have gone on longer but Keith decided it was time for him to get more involved than he wanted to.

      As you were about to go sit in your bedroom for the fifth time this week, Keith stopped you.

      "Y/n!" He called, rushing toward you and putting a hand on your shoulder. You turned to look at him with tired eyes, "What is it, Keith?"

"We need to talk."

***

Being sat on your bed, awkwardly rubbing your neck and trying to avoid eye contact was not how you wanted this conversation to go.

Keith stared into your soul, his eyes reading disappointment and slight anger. You gulped.

"You're telling me not to hold grudges but the only one here doing that is you." Keith sassed at you, making you shrink down. Guess that one backfired.

"Listen, Keith," You started ashamed, "My feelings really got the best of me that day and everything set me off," Keith watched you with a cocked brow and arms crossed.

You sighed, "You know how badly I just want everything to go back to normal?" You pleaded, head down. "I just wish we were all friends again and none of this ever happened." You could feel tears burning your eyes again, damnit.

Keith uncrossed his arms and sighed, "Well I know one way you could start." You looked up at him, "Really?"

Keith nodded, "Apologizing." Your eyes widened and you started shaking your head in protest. "No, no, no," You spoke quickly in a panic, "I'm not ready for confrontation, what if they hate me, Keith? What if they don't accept my apology-"

Keith cut you off. "Y/n," he grabbed your hands, "Nothing will get better until you apologize."

You thought it over, he was right. You wanted to be friends with Shayne again, hear him out and let him explain and you especially wanted to fix things with Courtney.

You nodded slowly, "Yeah, you're right." Keith smiled at you, "I'm always right."

You knocked his shoulder playfully, "Shut up." You laughed before becoming serious again. "I'll start with Courtney." You decided out loud.

"Go get em', tiger." Keith started to push you out of the room to go and try to find Courtney. "Okay, okay! I can go on my own, slow your roll!" You tried to push against Keith's force, ultimately failing.

"Good luck!" Keith ignored your pleas, pushing you further and then ditching you outside the entrance of the room Courtney was in.

The words you were going to say to Keith caught in your throat and you were suddenly very nervous. What if she really didn't want to be friends again?

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm your nerves. Right now wasn't the time to freak yourself out.

You opened your eyes, determination flowing through you.

It was time to get your friends back.