Chapter 7: Sacrifice

When Shayne had awoke from his nap, he was blissfully unaware of the hype around the photo. He yawned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes, looking at his surroundings and noticed you were gone.

      He furrowed his brows at the spot where you used to lay, wondering how you even got around to leave. She better not be hopping around Shayne thought to himself, shaking his head a little. He brushed his hair back with his hand, yawning as he grabbed his constantly buzzing phone.

He squinted his eyes at the light, instinctively turning the brightness down and clicking on one of the notifications. It brought him to a photo, the same photo you had seen earlier.

Shayne felt his heart rise to his throat, cheeks flushing an embarrassing shade. Oh fuck was all Shayne could repeat like a mantra inside of his head as he stared at the image in front of him.

Instead of what you did, Shayne took the liberty of looking through the comments.

Some of them filled his heart with joy, calling you guys cute or the occasional 'I ship it' comment. But the other ones made his heart sink to the bottom of his stomach.

@smortney2197: I just can't see this happening...just from watching her in the games, she seems annoying

@shaynestopp: I'm a big fan of Shayne, but sweetheart...Y/n? You could do better lol like Courtney or something

@cuteshartney773: shartney ftw, sorry not sorry

Shayne quickly shut his phone off, placing it face down on the couch before resting his head in his hands. He really liked how your friendship was progressing at the moment. You guys were getting closer, maybe a little more flirty, but he didn't mind it.

There was even a small possibility that feelings were starting to get involved, but after reading through those comments, he was unsure.

To put it bluntly, Shayne was distraught.

He didn't want to put you through that. The immense amount of hate scattered in the nice comments, he knew they could take a toll on you.

He didn't want to jeopardize your friendship or your mental health with a relationship.

After sitting in silence for a few minutes and with one more mental argument with himself, Shayne had made a decision.

He was going to keep the friendship strictly professional.

...Man, he really hoped he could keep that promise with himself.

- - -
A/n: hey guys! Sorry for such a short chapter, but school just started up again and I really have to keep up on my work!

Thank you for all of the support you have given me, and expect another update in the near future :)