Chapter 14: Overthinker

Your eyes were glued open, staring at the white wall. What time was it? You didn't even know, all you knew was it was pitch black and you couldn't get your mind to shut up.

      Why was Shayne moving so fast? It was only just a few days ago you couldn't stand looking in his direction or being in the same room as him, now it was shameless flirting.

      You didn't understand. Your heart and mind we're genuinely confused. What did he want from you? You couldn't put a finger on that either.

      You felt your brows furrow instinctively, falling deeper into your thoughts. Should you let it happen? You shook your head quickly, no, you weren't going to.

      ....You'd wait until the trip was over at least. You didn't want anymore useless drama between you and your friends, it wasn't worth it.

      You sighed before turning on your back, staring at the wooden bars holding the bed Shayne was sleeping. Oh. You guys we're closer than you thought, maybe you'd never get a break from him.

       A few more minutes of darkness and silence, you decided you couldn't stand the boredom, getting up to go and get a drink from the kitchen.

      You left the room as quietly as possible and started to slowly and carefully make your way into the kitchen.

      You rubbed the sleep out of your eyes while you listened to the shuffling of your feet, trying to distract yourself from the voices in your head.

      You opened the cupboards and grabbed a small glass, filling it a little with water. Now that you thought about it, this was probably the most water you've ever drank on a trip.

      You shrugged before taking a sip, maybe you didn't have anything better to do and your racing mind quickly found yourself distractions.

      "What are you doing up?" A croaky, husky voice asked in the darkness. You almost choked on your drink, quickly setting it down before placing a hand on your beating heart.

      "Jesus, you scared me." You spoke with a sigh, Keith walking out of the shadows. He rolled his eyes at you, "You're such a scaredy cat," He laughed.

      "What are you doing up?" Keith repeated as if you hadn't heard him. You picked up your glass again, it seemed more interesting than you giving Keith an answer. You were embarrassed to go over this topic again.

      Keith waited patiently with crossed arms and a quirked brow, guess he wasn't going to drop it. "I'm just thinking." You answered simply.

      "That's dangerous." He joked with a small smirk, you pushed him lightly. "Shut up." You chuckled, a smile appearing on your lips.

       "What are you thinking about?" Keith was trying to dig deeper. You considered answering truthfully. He probably didn't want to hear about you and Shayne anymore...but he was such a great friend and a good listener, maybe he wouldn't mind.

      "I'm just thinking about Shayne and I."
      "Ah, I see. Did something happen again?"

      You shook your head in response. "Just thinking about how our relationship is gonna go." You shrugged with a yawn, feeling a wave of tiredness hit you. You'd use that as an excuse not to talk about it any further.

       You dumped the rest of your water before putting it in the dish rack and stretching a little. "I think I'm tired now, I'm going to head back to bed."

      Keith nodded before engulfing you in a hug, "Have a good sleep, Y/n." He said with a smile behind his words. "You too." You responded.

       You let go of him and turned to walk away before Keith stopped you. "Just remember you can talk to me about anything, right?"

      You smiled at him and nodded, "Of course." Keith just nodded back before letting you go.

      You tried to get Shayne off of your mind before entering the room. You'd deal with that in the morning, you just wanted your brain to shut off so you could get some well needed sleep.