Chapter 17: Belly Flop Comp.

The cool wind whipped around you and your exposed body as you waited by the pool.

      You were now filming the belly flop competition, one of the last videos you'd be making with your time here.

      You had to admit, it made you a little sad, but at the same time you just wanted to go home and suppress the heaps of drama that happened in two short months.

      Watching one by one as your friends sacrificed their stomachs to the water, the smile never left your face.

      Everything just felt normal now.

      "Y/n!" The call of your name broke you out of your thoughts. Whipping your head up from looking at the concrete, you were met with brown eyes staring at you.

      "It's your turn." Anthony declared, lightly pushing you to where the previous floppers had been.

      You pouted, "Ant," you drew out the nickname dramatically. "Do I really have to go? It's going to hurt."

      Anthony rolled his eyes at you, obviously unamused. "Yes, Y/n. Now go on, we don't have all day."

      You groaned loudly for more dramatic effect and stuck your tongue out at him, earning some laughs from the others.

      You looked over at the camera pointed at your face, coughing a little before you opened your mouth to deliver your pun.

      "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasea." You (very out of tune) sung a parody version of Bohemian Rhapsody, making sure to put emphasis on the 'sea'.

      Corus' of groans met your ears and very little laughs were head from the others, you honestly didn't really care because you were almost positive you stole the joke off of google.

      "Yeah, yeah. I get it, it was bad." You muttered before preparing yourself for the next part.

       You took a deep breath before launching yourself into the pool in plank position, getting a good smack of the water right to your stomach.

      You hurriedly emerged from the water in pain, whispering small curse words to yourself.

      Even though your performance was below par, you managed to land yourself a decent score for your team, making you jump with excitement and proceed to high five every one of them.

      You wrapped a warm towel around yourself as you wished Shayne good luck for his turn.

       You already knew he had it in the bag from the very beginning as he started to deliver his well thought out pun with all of the judges names in it.

      You stood there dumbfounded at the execution of the joke and watched him follow up with a pretty okay flop.

      We just couldn't have everything.

      Shayne got out of the pool, listened to his critiques, and got his score back.

      You smiled at him as he made his way over to you  and gave him a high five, "Good job!" You congratulated him cheerfully and he smiled back.

      He gave you a small thanks before saying something that made your face burn. "Could you share your towel?"

      You recovered from the questions effect quickly, already having a snarky remark. "Aw, is baby cold?" You mocked in a teasing voice, giving him a smirk.

      He rolled his eyes at you, "Yes I am, and I'd really appreciate if you'd share the towel with me before I throw you in the pool." He snarked back.

      You gave him a daring look, "Oh really?" You asked with a tilt of your head. "Yes, really." Shayne said placing his hands on his hips as he started to inch toward you, trying to act intimidating.

"You'll have to catch me first!" You declared with a smile stretching from cheek to cheek as you ran to the other side of the pool, the sound of Shayne's footsteps following close behind.

You looked over your shoulder to see that he was right on your trail making you squeal and push your legs to go faster.

"Guys, be careful!" You heard Keith's voice scold in a motherly manner, "We don't need one of you breaking your head!"

You let out a high pitch laugh at the feeling of muscular arms wrapping themselves around you like a cage and lifting you from the ground.

"Let me go!" You shrieked, kicking your legs wildly in panic. You felt Shayne's chest shake as he laughed and shook his head, "No way, you asked for this."

As Shayne got dangerously close to the pool you thrashed around even more, "No! Shayne, please! I still have the—"

He didn't let you finish your sentence as you were thrown into the cool water, the towel you had been fighting over coming with you.

You broke the surface of the water with the soaked and heavy towel trapped on your head, making the others laugh at you.

You pulled the soaking wet fabric off of your head and gave Shayne an unamused look. "I still had the towel, asshat. Now none of us can use it." You scolded, trying to whip it at him.

Shayne dodged it with a guilty look, "Oh yeah, I didn't really think about that..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck.

You rolled your eyes at him as you swam to the edge of the pool. "Help me up." You demanded as you reached your hands up for him to pull you out.

Shayne didn't question your intentions, already feeling guilty enough for ruining the towel. He took hold of your hands and before he knew it, he was being pulled over into the pool.

He could hear your infectious laughter under the water, and when he came up for air, he tried to hide the smile that was fighting for an appearance.

You clutched your stomach, holding onto the side of the pool for support.

Shayne rolled his eyes at you, "It's not that funny." He murmured, pushing his wet hair out of his eyes.

You shook your head, wiping the tears from your eyes. "It was really funny." You retorted, smirking at him.

"Oh shut up and get out before I drown you." Shayne threatened with no real bite behind his words, but it threw you into another fit of laughter.

With an aching stomach, you pulled yourself out of the pool and sat on the side, kicking your feet into the water.

You focused on your kicking feet, feeling Shayne's presence sitting beside you. When you looked up, you noticed everyone was gone.

"Guess they didn't want to stick around." You muttered more to yourself with a shrug, but Shayne nodded in response.

"If I were them I wouldn't want to stick around either." He stated simply, joining you in kicking his feet in the water.

You shivered a little at the high winds smacking your cold body.

This hadn't gone unnoticed by Shayne as he
proceeded to scoot closer (if that was even possible), and wrap his arms around you in hopes to share body head.

You instinctively rested your head on his shoulder as a silent thanks.

"We should go inside soon." Shayne's soft voice broke the silence and you nodded a little in agreement.

"Yeah, but let's just stay like this for a while." and you guys did.

The two of you sat in peaceful silence, watching both of your feet calmly kick in the water.