Chapter 9: Girl Talk

You wiped the tears that streamed down your face like a fountain the best you could, they clouded your vision as you desperately tried to find Keith.

Spotting his blurry figure sitting in a chair, you let out a sob of relief as you fastened your pace. "K-Keith!" You called out, voice sounding broken.

The way your voice sounded caught Keith's attention and he was greeted with your tear stained, red face. His eyebrows furrowed before softening, "Oh, Y/n..." He got out of the chair and rushed to wrap you in a hug.

      The feeling of warmth surrounding you made you sob harder. It was a little embarrassing but you couldn't hold it in any longer.

      After a few moments of you sobbing and Keith swaying back and fourth while rubbing your back, you started to calm down a bit. You wiped your eyes and you looked up at Keith, "I-I want to have that talk now."

***

      The conversation lasted about an hour, and it was more tear ridden and hiccup-y than you'd like to admit.

      You sighed into Keith's arms while you still had the occasional hiccup. You hadn't cried this hard in a while, and you felt exceptionally dumb since it was over a boy.

      As much as you didn't want to say it, it was pretty obvious you were catching feelings (and fast) for Shayne.

      You silently cursed yourself, you shouldn't have thrown caution to the wind and broke your promise, maybe you wouldn't end up as badly hurt as you are right now.

      "Honestly, Y/n," Keith piped up, looking down at your glossy eyes, "He doesn't deserve you." You smiled weakly at him.

      "If he can't see how good of a person you are or how much effort you were putting into whatever you had, you really shouldn't trip over him." Keith explained softly, trying to better your mood.

      You nodded a little, wiping escaping tears again. "Yeah," You croaked, "I think you're right."

      "Just," You sighed, "don't hold a grudge, he doesn't know I feel this way about him." You hurried out.

      Keith nodded, "I'm not picking any sides." He stated simply. He didn't know the full extent of the situation from both parties, so he wasn't going to try and get himself more involved.

      You took a deep breath in to try an calm yourself before deciding to sit up. "Thanks, Keith." You said, patting your frizzy hair down.

      Keith smiled at you, "Anything for a friend."

      You returned the smile before standing up and grabbing your crutches for support. "I'm gonna head to bed," you explained. "I have a killer headache."

      Keith nodded in understanding, "Sleep well, Y/n. See you in the morning!"

      "Goodnight, Keith!" You called back before entering your room and rolling into your bunk. You wrapped yourself into blanket burrito and faced the wall, not wanting anybody to see your red face when they walked in.

      Maybe everything would be a little bit better in the morning.

***

      The pounding of your head seemed to subside when you awoke from your slumber. You groaned before trying to sit up, wincing a little at the throbbing of your ankle.

      Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to stomp your foot down in your argument with Shayne, it might have stunted your recovery time.

      You swore under your breath, reaching out to your crutches. You stood and scanned the room, everybody seemed to be awake and out. Before you left you looked down at your legs.

      Right, you're still wearing Shayne's pants.

      You huffed, hurriedly placing your crutches against the wall before tugging the pants off impatiently. You didn't want to see them ever again.

      You snatched a pair of your pants that were laying on the floor and pulled them on.

       Thinking about Shayne really wasn't how you wanted to start your day.

       You made your way out of the room and toward the bathroom. When you went to turn the handle it stopped abruptly, you sighed before knocking.

      "Just a moment!" I familiar woman voice came from behind the door, you just couldn't put your finger on who it was.

      After swaying back and fourth out of boredom, the door finally opened and Courtney walked out. She smiled at you before her face fell, "Y/n? You look rough."

      You gave her a dead look, "Thanks, I haven't noticed." You snarked at her. You quickly regretted it, what was happening to your mood?

      Hurt flashed in Courtney's electric blue eyes, her brows furrowed at you. "What happened?" She obviously knew something was wrong, you didn't act like this normally.

      "I'm just not in the greatest mood," You started out calmly, "Shayne has just been acting...different?" It sounded more like a question then an answer.

      Courtney crosses her arms, standing to rest into her hip. "How different?" She asked.

      You sighed a little, shifting your weight on your crutches. "He's just been ignoring me. Our friendship has been going good until..." You trailed off as the thought came to your head.

       It was all going good until the photo. You felt anger bubble inside of you. The fucking photo, and it didn't help that you were speaking to the person who posted it.

      "Hello?" Courtney said, waiting for your explanation.

      "It was all going good until the photo." You finished, trying your best to stay calm. Courtney's eyes widened, regret laced through them.

      "Y/n, I-" You cut Courtney off, "You posted that photo, Courtney! I told you something bad was going to happen from it!"

       Courtney flinched at your tone, "Y/n! T-That wasn't my intention! I just thought something was going to happen between you guys and I...I..." She trailed off while tears bubbled in her eyes.

       You glared daggers at her, "Well you thought wrong. Not only did you ruin my friendship with Shayne, but you ruined ours too." You could feel your eyes burn with tears too and you were sick of the feeling. You didn't want to feel like this anymore.

       You hurried into the bathroom and slammed the door shut before locking it. You didn't even last a minute before letting out more pathetic sobs.

      You looked at your mess of a self in the mirror, eyes bloodshot, hair tangled, and your face red. You let out a shaky sigh as you went to run the tap to try and freshen yourself up.

       You were really starting to regret even stepping foot onto the travel bus to get here.