Chapter 2: Dodgeball!

Everyone changed into the merch shorts, and respected coloured socks before making their way outside to the court where they would play their first game.

You tugged on your braids, twirling them a bit as Ian and Anthony took charge and explained the basic rules of dodgeball and explaining the punishment, "The losers will have to stand in a fire squad like position and get pummelled by s'more balls."

You all groaned at the punishment and the poorly delivered campy joke, Joven even adding in his own. "It's going to get inTENTS up in here." He said, you shook your head in disappointment before facepalming. "Joven...that was terrible." You groaned.

It was time to play after that. You and the other Harshmallow's stood in a sprinting position across the court form the Kumbyaa's who were in the same position. "Harsmallow's are you ready?" Joe called out, getting a 'Yeah!' answer. "Kumbyaa's are you ready?" They gave the same answer.

"3...2...1–" Keith went before the whistle had blown, giving us a false start and making us groan. "Sorry guys." He muttered, walking back. "I would call you children, but children listen better than this." Joe quipped up.

After a few more false starts, it was decided eyes would be closed until the whistle was blown. After a few brief seconds, the whistle blew and the game was on. You sprinted forward, your target was to get at least two balls on your side.

You noticed your opponent for said balls with the jolly green giant, Wes, and you weren't risking getting torn apart to fight for a second ball. One was good enough for right now.

You all ran back, eyes studying your opponent's every move. "Alpha Team go!" You heard Ian yell, throwing the ball in his hand with all his power. "What?" You said confused, but following along and throwing your ball too.

You were never good at dodgeball, which made you a bit nervous. You didn't want to get out so early, you also didn't want to embarrass yourself on camera and look useless for your team.

You stayed near the back most of the time, your team getting pelted by Wes meteors but catching others at least. You squealed seeing a purple elephant skin ball skim past your face, "Holy shit!" You yelled in shock, cowering down behind Shayne.

He laughed at your actions, "You can't use me as a human shield, Y/n. You won't get hurt, don't be scared." He reassured you. Shayne was right, it was only a elephant skin ball. If you got pelted it wouldn't be terrible.

You shook your fears off, no more being afraid of getting hit or looking like a fool...it's time to have fun. You dodged and weaved away from some balls, jumping over maybe two. You heard your teammates who were out on the sidelines cheer for you, boosting your confidence.

You threw the ball in your hand, hitting Noah in the gut. You jumped up with joy, "I got someone out!" You cheered. Only moments after, you felt something hit your leg, "Out!" Joe called.

You gaped at Anthony, "What the hell dude!" You whined with an exasperated laugh. He shrugged, "Karma's a bitch, shouldn't have celebrated on the court. Loser."

You stuck your tongue out at him like a child, and you heard Flitz laugh as you walked to the out spot where he was, giving him a high five.

***

After three games, the Kumbyaa's were undoubtedly the winners. "Well, the Harsmallow's were mediocre at best—"
"Hey!"
Joe rolled his eyes at your team. "Time for them to get pelted by S'more balls.

      You groaned, slipping off your shirt to reveal your light gray sports bra. You and your team stepped on to the respective plastic wrap shirtless and ready to get hit with s'more balls.

      "Men—"
"And women—" Joven cut in.
"It was an honour to fight with you guys," Ian continued. "and now we must face our doom."

      "Cover your balls!" Mari called out, "You too, Mari and Y/n." Was Ian's response making you laugh and doing so.

      You covering your own balls evolved into a chain of covering others, which had you a little confused but you didn't think about it too much seeing as Courtney was covering the first ball in marshmallows.

      "Aw, shit." You muttered to yourself seeing Courtney readying her throw. You cringed back, closing your eyes in case. "If you hit me Court, our friendship is over!"

      A chorus of laughs hit your ears when you heard Courtney's response, "You're exactly the person I'm aiming for, baby!"

      She threw her ball in your direction, but it fell short and hit your sock. You groaned at the feeling, looking down at your now dirty sock. "You gave me poo sock!" You laughed.

      Noah was next, respectively hitting Keith after getting the same threat as you gave Courtney, but it splattered mostly across your chest. "I think you picked the worst spot, Y/n!" You heard Anthony tease, making you flip him off.

      It was Olivia's turn, and Sunny brought her closer to your team. "C'mon, that's not fair." You heard Keith complain and you couldn't agree more in fear that she would hit you too. But she proved you wrong, hitting Ian on the arm instead.

      It was now the jolly green giants turn. "Please be gentle with us, Wes!" You called out. He ultimately failed at aiming, hitting the ground around your feet.

      After Anthony's throw, the whole team lined up to hit you. They all threw on the count of three, and you felt a rouge ball hit you on the stomach. "Motherfucker!" You shouted, clutching your stomach. "Which one of you bitches did that!?" You pointed your finger accusingly, only to be met with the smirking face of Noah.

       He shrugged at you, "Payback, bitch." You frowned before smirking to yourself, you came up with an idea. "Oh, Noah. I'm so sorry for earlier, come and give me a hug!" You ran after Noah in attempt of giving him a hug.

      "Get away from me, Y/n!" Noah panted, making you laugh. "Never!" You shouted in response. You finally caught Noah with the rest of your team, making him groan. "Okay, you can get off me now!"

      You smiled at him and let go, ready to go and get cleaned up. As you walked away to shower you started thinking about how much fun you had today. Maybe this road trip wouldn't be as bad as you thought.