Chapter 6: Not So Subtle

You heard bustles of laughter as the others came back in from playing the game. "We won, Y/n!" Keith cheered to you, wrapping you in a strong hug.

You laughed, returning it. "I knew you guys could do it!" You praised, letting go of him and smiling. You scrunched your nose up at the feeling of lube in between your fingers, "Gross, dude. You didn't even wash up before coming to hug me?"

Keith rolled his eyes at you, wiping some lube off his arm and rubbing it on your face. "Keith!" You yelled in disgust, quickly wiping it on the sleeve of Shayne's sweater (you'd apologize to him later). Keith snickered at you before he started running, "Hey! I'm cripple this isn't fair!" You yelled at him fighting back a laugh.

Out of the corner of your eye you could see Shayne was changed and now on his way toward you, you caught his gaze and quickly averted your eyes, shifting in your seat a bit.

While you quickly pulled out your phone to make it look like you were doing something, you felt the couch dip beside you. "Hey." Shayne greeted softly, you looked up at him and smiled, returning the greeting.

You two soon fell into a comfortable silence. Shayne watched over your shoulder while you scrolled on Instagram, looking at stupid memes and sometimes funny ones letting out the occasional giggle.

After a bit, you slowly rested your head onto his shoulder, him responding by resting his head on yours. You smiled to yourself, scooting more into his body, almost as if you two were cuddling but not quite.

You started to quickly get bored, "Do you wanna watch a movie?" It was the first words spoken for a while and you could feel him nod. "Pick whatever you want." Shayne muttered sleepily, not really caring for the options.

You decided to pick a classic, Mean Girls...or maybe you just picked it because it was the first thing that caught your eyes. You clicked on the movie and rested it on your lap so you and Shayne could both see the phone.

You melted more into Shayne's body, enjoying the extra body heat. To get more comfortable himself, Shayne maneuvered his arms around you. You felt your breath catch in your throat and a blush rise to your cheeks. Chill out Y/n, it's just cuddling...friend cuddling? You shook your thoughts and focused on the movie.

You could feel your eyes droop a few times before you gave into your exhaustion, sleeping would distract the pain from your ankle. With a sigh, you scooted down to be levelled with Shayne's chest, resting your head on the broad torso, you closed your eyes.

Shayne watched you with confused eyes, before smiling at you softly, wrapping himself tighter around you. He soon felt his eyes droop close too, letting sleep overtake him.

***

All you could feel was the buzzing of your phone on your leg. You groaned, wiping the crust out of your eyes and wiping the drool off of your face (god you really hoped you hadn't drooled on Shayne).

You lifted the phone, the brightness attacking your eyes, making you groan and squint before turning down the brightness. Your phone was blowing up with Instagram notifications, fan accounts spamming your username.

You furrowed your brows, confused. What the hell? You thought as you opened the Instagram app.

@smosh has tagged you in a photo. You clicked it immediately, the suspension killing you. What was everybody freaking out about? You soon found out, eyes widening at the picture that was posted.

Oh. My. Fucking. God. It was you and Shayne sleeping and cuddling while Mean Girls played in the background. You slapped a hand across your eyes, being sure to be quiet so you wouldn't wake Shayne.

@smosh: little cuddle bugs <3 The caption read, you were sure your face was turning fifty shades of red. Resisting the urge to check the comments, you examined the photo a little more. You both looked content...and kind of cute. You couldn't hold back your smile as you quietly screenshot the picture.

"You're not very subtle, you know?" A voice said from behind you, making you jump and let out a little squeak. Thankfully, Shayne didn't wake up to that, only shifted a little.

You whipped your head around to see who it was. "Fuck off, Noah." You muttered, placing a hand on your chest to calm your beating heart. Noah flashed you a shit eating grin, "I'm just saying," He shrugged, "By the end of this trip, your tongues will be down each others throats."

It was like your face was being set on fire as you beat Noah with your hands, "Shut up!" You whisper yelled while he laughed at you. "Are you behind this?" You asked, pointing at the photo.

Noah shook his head. "Look, I ain't no snitch but maybe the person who did it's name rhymes with Bourtney Chiller." And with a smirk he walked off.

Ugh, of course it was Courtney. You quickly changed to the messenger app, sending Courtney a quick text.

Y/n: Thanks for the picture on Instagram. Can't wait for the whole fan base to hate my guts.

Courtknee: Chill out! If any of the fan base has eyes they'll see you two are cute and happy. You're welcome ;)

You rolled your eyes at Courtney's response, shutting off your phone and closing your eyes again. All of this Shayne shipping was giving you a headache and you just needed to push past it.