Chapter 19: Race to The End

This chapter might trip you up if you are familiar the video, because the opponents are not the same. I had to put you in somewhere and this was the point where Sohinki had to go home because he was sick.
-

You stood in front of the camera proudly holding up your team flag. This was it, the final game before the end of the trip.

      "This is it guys," Anthony started, "the final competition of Smosh Summer Games: Camp." The others whooped and hollered, everyone feeling the same buzz of excitement.

    Ian continues the intro, explaining the course.

      There was popping balloons between the refs chests (which Joven had complained about since he didn't like hugs), the dizzy bat, the soccer net, the slip and slide (you cringed at the mention because of your previous injury), writing a letter home to your moms with a giant pencil, feeding the bear a hot dog three times and then finally going back through the slip and slide to blow the trumpet to finish.

      After that grocery list of obstacles, it was time to start.

      You had opt out of going first, complaining about your stomach hurting, but you knew it was just waves of nervousness. Firstly, you didn't want to let your team down, and secondly, you did not want to get injured again.

       While you paced and fumbled with the balloon on your chest, you felt a hand clamp down of your shoulder. Jumping a little from the sudden contact and a small chuckle met your ears. "Chill out, Y/n." It was Mari who came to check on you.

      "I know what you're thinking," She starts in a scold, "those things won't happen. Just have fun with this! You're always such a worry wart." You laughed a little at the insult, starting to feel a bit better.

      "Thanks, Mari." You spoke softly through a huff, the worry starting to melt away. She flashed you a million dollar smile, "Take a few deep breaths and come join us when you're ready."

      You nod, watching Mari walk back to your yellow clad teammates who were currently cheering on your first racer.

      Taking the advice you were given, you took a slow deep breath in before pushing it out. From doing it a few times, you felt all of the anxiety that had built up fly away.

      You shook your hands a few times for extra measure before joining your team in the line. Thankfully enough, Mari pulled you to stand in front of her, so you wouldn't have the stress of going last either.

You whispered a grateful "Thank you." Before cheering Ian on with the rest of your team.

The excitement bubbled in your chest while you screamed encouragement at Ian. He successfully made it back first thanks to the slight head start your team was given.

Lasercorn went next, fumbling around with popping the balloon before getting to the dizzy bat, granting the opportunity for Wes to catch up.

"Tighter circles, Lasercorn!" Ian called through cupped hands while you watched your teammate from the front of the line, your hops getting more frequent as you readied yourself.

They were about neck and neck now, both feeding the bear. Wes gained the upper hand when Lasercorn accidentally dropped his first hotdog right in front of the bear.

"We're in the lead!" You heard someone from the other team cheer in excitement, the feeling in your gut started coming back. "C'mon, c'mon." You whispered to yourself, shaking your arms getting yourself in the running start position.

By at least fifteen seconds, Wes came in and blew his trumpet while Lasercorn struggled to blow his.

From the corner of your eye, you watched Courtney advance in the relay while you were stuck in your spot trying to help Lasercorn blow the trumpet.