Chapter 9: Down to the Wire

Hunter watched the cloud intently.

Suddenly the Lazers were Defected causing the bubbles to stop and reveal Tiny, Hexagonal Shapes.

"That's an A.T Field!" Shouted Misato

Ritsuko looked at the A.T. field and muttered "It can't be"

Hunter looked out into the Tank just as small, Red dots appeared on the floating arms that once belonged to Unit 0's simulation body.

"It's that an a-" Misato couldn't finish her sentence.

"Pattern Analysis is blue, ID confirmed, an angel"

Suddenly the red Alert alarm started blaring through the Headquarters.

"An Angel?" Shouted Fuyutsuki through a Intercom link "You let an Angel get in these Facilities?"

"I'm sorry sir" Misato responded.

"No time for excuses" Was all the Vice commander said before starting to order the bridge crew.

then someone started speaking over the intercoms "Initiating Central Lock down of Central Dogma"

Misato Jumped directly into action.

"Evacuate Immediately, Abandon the box!"

Everyone started running.

Except Ritsuko.

Hunter noticed before Misato and Ran back Grabbing her by her Arm "Let's get the fuck out of here! Come on!" He yelled and started pulling her out of the Room.

"isolating sigma Unit from B floor-" called an Seemingly Automatic voice before Hunter Stopped listening.

He continued to run along Side Misato and Ritsuko.

Suddenly the Red Alert stopped allowing Hunter to hear his own thoughts.

Hunter kept Running as he thought "Commander Ikari must have called it of"

-With Gendo-

Gendo Sat at his Perch as he yelled "Launch the Evangelions, you will Launch Unit 1 first, If necessary the other Evangelions are to be abandoned"

Makoto looked at Gendo confused as he asked "Unit 1 has Priority?"

"But Sir, How can we possibly Destroy the Angel without the Evas"

"If the Evangelions are contaminated First we will be Finished" Gendo States Bluntly "get moving!"

"Right"

-With Hunter-

"Central Dogma and Sigma unit will be locked down in sixty Seconds" called the Automated Voice

after a minute the voice called out again "Central Dogma has been Sealed" was all Hunter caught before he stopped Paying attention to the Automated voice again.

-Later-

Hunter stood with Misato, Ritsuko and the bridge Crew as they looked at the area.

Several Hexagons were Red while majority were black.

"Look at this, the Border between the lighter and heavier water" Ritsuko said "There's a higher Oxogen count"

"Yeah it's preference is pretty obvious" Maya said pointing it out for those who weren't aware

Hunter leaned in to get a better look at the screen before he said "looks like it's the place where Ozone is Vented in to maintain Septic conditions as it's contaminated"