chapter 22: how did i get here?

Hunter slowly awoke.

He slowly blinked his eyes.

He became quickly aware that his right eye was covered.

He saw white walls, a White Unfamilair calling with a light fixed to the middle of the roof.

He looked around only to find that the room was bare.

He sat up and found his right arm and Torso were wrapped in bandages.

He sighed finding his phone and unlocking it.

No messages from anyone.

He only found that he had been out for two weeks

He dialed Misato's number.

"Katsuragi here, I'm not at my phone right now, please leave a message after the beep, Bu-bye"

He hung up the call not Leaving a message.

He Called Kaji, knowing he wouldn't Answer but Hoped that he just faked his death.

"Hey, you've reached Kaji, I'm not at my Phone right now, if you leave a message I'll get back to you as soon as I can, Bye"

He Hung up the call again not leaving a message.

Hunter truly Felt alone.

It didn't seem Asuka was even in the Building.

His phone Suddenly Rang.

To his Surpise it was Kaji.

He scrambled to answer it.

"Kaji?!" Hunter asked shocked.

"Hey kiddo" Kaji's warm greeting filled Hunter with relief.

"Kaji where are you?"

"Look I can't tell you and I can't talk for long" Kaji said quickly "all I can tell you is that the heat is right on my Ass at the moment and I needed to disappear, don't tell anyone you heard from me, not even Misato, once things Die down I'll come back to Tokyo-3, word reached me that Asuka's pregnant, congratulations, I've gotta go kiddo, I should be back in about 3 months, I'll try and contact you every month, if you don't hear from me then I'm sorry, good bye Kiddo, at least for now"

It sounded like Kaji was on the verge of Tears before the line went dead.

Hunter looked at his phone.

He was in shock he didn't know what to think or feel in that moment.

He just didn't know.

"Hunter?" Came Misato's uneasy voice.

He looked to her and smiled.

She smiled at him tears filling her eyes as she sprinted across the room wrapping the teen boy in her arms.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fine Misato, where's Asuka?"

"She's with Ritsu for a check up"

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah" Misato said "everything's fine"

"How did I get to the hospital wing?"

"I carried you up, Asuka called me in tears saying that you were hurt, as if she sensed it from school, so I busted my ass to get here"

Hunter chuckled and said "of course, how is she?"

"Morning sickness has started to set in but other than that she's good, she goes to school to Keep everyone up to date with what's happened with you and how your doing" Misato smiled "you seem to be Quite popular amongst your class even the Class representative has come to visit you with Asuka"