Chapter 16: unit 5's failed experiment

- the end of the week-

Hunter and Asuka laid in their bed a blanket barely covering their sweaty bodies.

The two were practically glowing.

They were taking the day off.

Misato had given the 'ok' for them to stay home from school due to their better attendance.

"What was that?"

"Round three?"

"Down for another?"

Asuka giggled and said " are we becoming Misato's original fear?"

"No, that's not us"

"Good" was all Asuka said before rolling over and sitting on his stomach kissing him.

-with Misato-

-an hour later-

Misato looked out of the observation window at a giant black evangelion with gold plates on it.

It looked oddly like units 3 and 6.

Almost as if they had a child.

"Unit 5 locked into place!" Called one of the technitans.

"The Sixfth Child is suited up and ready to go"

Misato tapped her foot and said "this isn't going to go well, I trust Hunter's word when it comes to the Evas"

"Unit 5's activation will go as planned Misato, Believe me" came Ritsuko's voice.

"Not subtly at all" Misato muttered.

"Pilot has been inserted, everything is ready for unit 5 to activate"

"Roger, start activation sequence" Ritsuko ordered.

"Status green on initial contact"

"Good move to Phase two"

The red pulses began to fill green while the technitans began listing off what was happening.

It soon made it to the absolute borderline surpassing the border line for a moment Before Evangelion unit 5's eyes turned red.

"The harmonics are reversing!"

"Abort the test, Shut off the circuit" called Ritsuko trying to salvage the test as much as she could.

The power was disconnected quickly while the Eva writhed and thrashed about trying to Escape the restraints

"Command Negative, high energy reading from inside the Eva"

Soon the Eva pushed it's head down enough for the neck flap to pop up, showing a string like fungus under the plate.

"An angel?!

Suddenly there was an explosion.

Before the explosion fully struck Misato could distinctly see unit 5's jaw open.

Similar to what both unit 1 and unit 3 have both exhibited when going berserk.

-with Hunter and Asuka-

Hunter and Asuka were laid back in the Same position they were an hour ago panting.

Suddenly Hunter's phone rang.

Hunter reached for it but Asuka tapped the same arm as she said with a whine "baby don't, let it go to voice mail"

Hunter smiled at her and said "as much as much as I'd love to it could be Nerv"