Chapter 13: The S2 Engine.

-Two Weeks later-

After two weeks of nothing to do Hunter was finally back in Unit 3's entry plug for tests.

He didn't care that he was the only one being tested.

he was just happy to be back in the plug.

"How are you feeling Hunter?" Came Kaji's voice.

"I'm feeling fine"

"Well that last time you said that you passed out" Came Ritsuko's voice "Move the right hand please"

Hunter pulled the right joystick back focusing on moving the right hand.

"Alright, You can stop moving now" Ritusko said.

Hunter let the joystick slide back into its default position.

He sighed beginning to feel a minor headache Approaching.

"How are you feeling?" This time it was Misato.

"I'm alright Misato"

-With Misato-

Misato walked over to the screens and asked "How's his sync Rate?"

"It's at fifty five point five percent, Barely over the threshold for Unit 3's activation but it drops slightly when he moves unit 3"

"that's a huge drop, he went from averaging ninety to Hundred percent, but now this is just" Misato sighed gaping like a fish for a moment before continuing "This is just Depressing, He's worked harder than Asuka has, Only to have Dropped this low"

"Indeed, it could have had something to with being sucked into the Twelfth angel as well as the minor head injury he sustained two weeks ago"

"it would have been healed by now"

"Maybe it's more mental, Maybe he feels like he failed during the last battle, Maybe the injury hasn't fully healed" Ritusko said looking away from the screen.

Ritsuko looked at Kaji and said "You know Hunter better than Asuka, What do you think"

"I think" Kaji started before sighing and said "I think the angel might have had something to do with it, It could have gotten into his head, Made him believe that he failed, Made him believe he shouldn't be where he is, Maybe it's a more subconscious thing"

"What do you Suggest Kaji?" Misato asked.

"I suggest we Send him out when an angel attacks, We give him the power to call the Shots"

Misato nodded.

-with Hunter-

Hunter sat in the entry plug.

"Not yet sweetheart" Came a woman's voice before his head began to hurt like it was on fire.

the voice sounded Familiar but he couldn't place it.

Hunter's hands flew up and gripped his head as he groaned.

-With Misato-

Misato quickly heard all the sensors begin to beep quickly.

"Hunter's Synchro graph is reversing"

"The pluses are flowing backwards"

"The A-10 Nerv connections are breaking off"

Misato looked too unit 3 just as it ripped it's arms out of its Restraints.

it proceeded to slam it's giant fist against the glass before clutching it's head as if In pain.