Chapter 12: Splitting the beast

"We don't know" Came Misato's panicked voice as her face appeared on Asuka's Display

Suddenly the shadowy black ground that Ritsuko said was the actual Angel's body began to shatter.

It seemed to bleed.

Asuka's eyes widened as she instinctively made unit 2 step away from the shattering black floor.

"Misato! What's happening?!" Asuka yelled.

"it seems the angel is being Destroyed, But unit 3 has to be well and truly out of power by now" Misato explained just as Panicked.

Red began to spurt from the Sphere, Dripping down onto the shattered ground almost like blood.

it seemed a hand extended out if a hole in the Sphere.

Asuka's Eyes widened "it can't be, Can it?"

"Impossible, Unit 3's Internal Battery must be at Zero!" Came Ritsuko's voice.

Asuka could barely see the hand writhing around, Seemingly stretching as it extended.

Suddenly another hand reached through the hole.

Right before Everyone's eyes the Angel Was torn apart, Allowing Unit 3's head to slowly emerge from the sphere, a low Roar escaping the Evangelion's throat.

When Unit 3's face was in view Asuka Could just make out the fact that Unit 3's jaw was open.

Unit 3 seemed to push apart the sphere letting out a mighty roar into the sky before the angel seemed to Crumble out of existence dropping unit 3 to the ground.

"Mien Gott" Asuka Muttered "Is that what I'm piloting?"

Unit 3 let out another mighty roar as it walked towards Asuka, Rei and Shinji.

it's eyes shone with a Red Glow, that stood out in comparison to the Dark red covering the fortified Armour.

It seemed to still be operational.

Asuka looked to her display and said "Hunter! Baby! Come in!"

His face appeared on her heads up display as he said "I'm here Asuka, I'm alright"

-With Hunter-
-Hours later-
-Nerv HQ-

Hunter Sat on a bed in the Hospital Wing of Nerv headquarters while Ritsuko preformed Tests on Hunter.

"What's your full name?" Ritsuko asked.

"Hunter Kevin Drake"

"What's your girlfriends full name?"

"Asuka Langley Soryu"

"What Evangelion do you pilot?"

"Evangelion unit 3"

Ritsuko sighed jotting his Answers down on a board.

"What Evangelion does Shinji Pilot?"

"Evangelion unit 1"

"Who is the vice commander of Nerv?"

"Kozo Fuyutsuki" Hunter said Sighing "Why do I have to answer all these Questions, I'm perfectly Fine"

"it's to make sure your memory wasn't tampered with, Trust me Hunter it's better to be safe than sorry, There's at least Twelve hours of Missing data up until Unit 3 went Berserk, We don't know what happened and it seems you can't remember the twelve hours of data that is missing"

Hunter sighed getting up getting changed and walked out ignoring the remainder of the questions.

Asuka Quickly walked up next to him as she said "Are you alright?"