11

at around 5:30pm the doorbell rang. kayley was still on her bed messing with her phone, texting a bit, editing pictures and listening to music. hearing the faint sound of the bell she furrowed her eyebrows and let her arms fall to her side on the bed. checking the time on her desk clock she wondered who would be at the door at this hour. her dad was supposed to be out of town till the next day. she got out of bed and made her downstairs. the bell rang again and she sped to the door. "coming!" she called out as she reached for the door. "who is it kayley?" her mother asked as she walked into the front room. kayley cracked the door open and saw a familiar figure at the door. he eyes widened as she opened the door completely. "hey." brandon greeted calmly. "i-bran-hi?" kayley stood there at a loss of words. "who is it?" her mother asked once again and moved further up to see who was at the door. "mum th-this is my" kayley stuttered, nervous to the core. "hi, you must be mrs. carter. im brandon, a friend of kay's. we just met a while back through-through uhm riley." brandon said and held his hand out to shake. "well hello dear. kayley honey you didn't tell me we were having guest." she shook his hand and glared at kayley. "mum i didn't—" "oh im sorry to intrude, i didn't tell her i was coming. it was a surprise. i was passing by and thought i'd say hi, and maybe hang out." brandon explained for kayley. "oh well come on in dear. make yourself at home. please." her mother eased down. "it's a beautiful house mrs. carter by the way." brandon said as he looked around. "thank you." she smiled back at him.
"mom i think we're gonna go chill upstairs." kayley said trying to step out of the awkward situation. "sure, just keep the door open love." she replied. kayley nodded and took brandon by the arm and tugged him upstairs.

once settled in her room and leaving the door ajar kayley took a deep breath in. "brandon what the fuck do you think you're doing walking in like that?!!" she whisper yelled at him.
"whoa there tiger. it wasn't that bad chill. i had to meet my girl." he said extending his arm to her waist and carefully resting his hands right above the elastic band of her joggers. a warm pink creeped up kayley's cheeks and she held brandon's hands and took them off her waist. "brandon you met me like three hours ago. couldn't you have waited?" she whispered. "i mean this was gonna happen one day or the other." he shrugged. "you're dumb and annoying." she huffed and sat down on her desk chair. "ah but you love that." he winked, leaning back on his arms on the bed. kayley chuckled and face palmed. "so what were you doing?" he asked a moment later. "nothing really. kinda drawing, more like messing around." kayley replied fumbling with the things on her desk. brandon laid back on to her bed, legs dangling on the edge. he picked up a pillow from behind his head and hugged it. kayley took every move of his in. he was dressed like his 17 year old self. much less grunge, his hair out of his forehead. she sneaked a picture of him for herself. it was cute and quite unbelievable. brandon arreaga in her room, who just pulled up because he wanted to see his "girl" which was herself. unreal. "staring isn't nice." brandon mocked her. she chuckled and threw a crumpled piece of paper at him. "aight let me see what you made." he said as he sat back up. "its nothing really." kayley hesitated. "bullshit. if its on there it's something." he said and reached for her phone. "okay okay i'll show you." she shooed his prying hands away and opened her digital sketchbook. she opened the recent entry from the gallery and showed it to him. it was a sketch of wings in chains and devil horns and tail.

"i was listening to excuse me and that lyric i got angels to battle my demons sparked the idea

"i was listening to excuse me and that lyric i got angels to battle my demons sparked the idea. you guys really killed that song by the way." kayley explained. "thanks. but shit this is fire kay. it looks so damn good what are you saying. do you mind if i send this to myself?" he said. "sure." she shrugged. "it's actually dope kay." he said as he handed her phone back to her. "thanks b."