20

as the party started to die down, the boys and those who decided to stay the night at the pm house slowly started to clear the house. edwin and zion were over the roof high, and well riley was in no shape to go home either. kayley sighed at the state of the house as she helped brandon and austin clean up. it wasn't a terrible mess but it wasn't clean either. looking at how tired brandon was and the fact that she'd personally love to stay over kayley decided to text her parents. as much as they were strict, they kinda knew that kids these days party and drink and there's nothing different about kayley. they could only hope they taught her well and she'd be safe.

the carters :)

mom dad
im stayin the night here
if you don't mind
its kinda late
brandon's tired and riley doesn't wanna leave
i kinda dont wanna bug the others to drop me off
austin's gf said she has clothes for me but im comfy so its all good

dad:

its fine
just stay safe kayley
we love you

i love you too
good night
see ya tomorrow

dad:

goodnight

letting out a sigh of relief kayley walked up to brandon who was picking up stray solo cups and throwing them out. "brandon." she called out to him. "yeah." he stopped and looked up at her. "i'm gonna stay the night if you don't mind." kayley said. "i'd love that." brandon said with a smile on his face.

about an hour later the house was clean enough to put nick at peace so they could all go to sleep. austin was the only one with a room to himself which meant it was edwin, brandon and kayley in one room tonight, not that she minded. brandon tossed her his tshirt with green skulls on it and a pair of shorts to kayley who stood at the door. she quickly slipped out of her own clothes, which were honestly comfy but didn't want to wear to sleep, into brandon's and made her way back to his room. she saw brandon already shifted against the wall on the bed making space for her. with no hesitation she slipped under th covers next to him. with her back pressed against his chest she snuggled into brandon's embrace. he wrapped one arm under her waist as the other hand gently stroked her head in a soothing pattern. "goodnight b." she said in barely a whisper. "night kay." he mumbled softly as he pressed a kiss on her head, his eyes drooping heavily as he drifted into a slumber.

gokden rays trickled through the cracks of the curtains on the window, illuminating each corner of the bedroom. kayley's eyes began to slowly flutter open to see brandon's peaceful sleeping face in front of her. his lips (that she had kissed only last night) were slightly parted, his hair a ruffled mess and his arm slipped under her t-shirt, holding her close to him. his touch felt foreign against her skin but was soothing. kayley carefully raised her hand to his face, her fingers superficially trailed the structure of his cheekbones and jaw. the way the rays of sunlight fell on his features made him look heavenly, as if to get a little touch would be sinful. everything still felt so surreal to her. being in the arms of someone she could only dream to meet, and yet she was so calm. brandon felt the slight stare and he shifted a little, then opened his eyes. "its rude to stare." the morning rasp heavy in his voice, making kayley feel completely weak at her knees. "i can't help it. you're like a dream." kayley replied making brandon lazily smile. "well then i promise you i'm real." he said and kissed the tip of her nose. the two stayed admiring eachother for a minute or two until brandon raised his head to look over her shoulder. "look's like edwin's up." he said falling back down on his pillow. "we should get up too. i need to get home b." kayley said as she inched away from him, unraveling from the blanket and sheets. "but doesn't this feel more like home kay?" brandon lightly grabbed her wrist preventing her from leaving the bed. kayley tilted her head and gazed at him. a smile played on her lips and she was sure her heart melted. the boy was way more whipped than she was.