30

"so how exactly are we gonna go about this." kayley asked as she reached for her house keys in her purse. her hands were shaking a little as the nervousness started to overcome her. she unlocked the door and brandon took her hand in his and kissed her head. "i got this. its gonna be okay bubs." he said and pushed the door oped with his free hand. kayley took a deep breath in and entered the living room to see her parents coamly seated on the couch watching some random tv. "hey mum and dad." kayley called out calmly, grabbing their attention. brandon squeezed her hand in reassurance and kayley looked at him and nodded. the couple walked in front of her parents and stood there. "uhm we have something to tell you." she said awkwardly. taking a deep breath in she continued, "we're uh, we're together now. yeah we're dating." brandon had a small smile on his face. mr. carter smiled widely and chuckled. "i know dear. brandon being the decent young man he is, asked for our permission." mr. carter patted brandon's shoulder and then kissed kayley's forehead. mrs. carter, although still unsure about the whole affair, she held kayley's hand in hers and said, "i hope you make wise decisions kayley." she then stepped towards brandon and looked at him sternly, "a single scratch on my daughter, physically or emotionally and i will see to it personally that you forget what daylight looks like brandon." "i will take care of her. i promise mr. and mrs. carter. kay means absolutely everything to me. i wouldn't even think of harming her." brandon said reassuringly. kayley rested her head on his shoulder in affection, wrapping her arms around him. "alright welcome to family brandon. group hug." mr. carter chuckled and opened his arms for a hug. "i love you mum and dad. thank you." kayley muttered into the hug. "alright this calls for a family dinner!" mr. carter exclaimed as he pulled away from the hug. "oh uh bran—" kayley attempted to walk away from an awkward few hours with her parents and brandon. "that sounds amazing mr. carter, but we already had plans with the boys and some of our other friends if you don't mind." brandon quickly said saving them. "oh alright. go on then kids. have fun. stay safe." mr. carter smiled. "kayley let us know when you're gonna come back home." mrs. carter added as kayley tugged brandon's arm pulling him upstairs so she could escape whatver awkward conversation was to come up.

brandon shuffled up the stairs behind her and closed her bedroom door softly behind him. he grabbed kayley by the waist and she let out a small squeal. "i'm so happy kay. so so happy." he said and kissed her forehead. "same b." she smiled softly and placed a kiss on his lips. "let me change so we can go tell the others yeah?" she said pulling away from him, and he nodded letting her go. "kayley i don't wanna push you but i think it's important to let you know that at some point the beanz are gonna put two and two together and we'll have to tell them." brandon said as kayley walked out her bathroom changed into casual black buttoned dress and cardigan. "i know what you're pointing out b, i'm not gonna lie to you and tell you i'll be okay, but for now lets keep it on the down so we don't have to deal with the repercussions." she replied as she put on her socks. "i won't let anything happen to you kay. i promise." he said. "i know." she smiled at him and went to open the bedroom door to leave. "let's go now."