29

meanwhile•

brandon had two things on his mind today. although he was sure one of them would go down very well, the second however, not so sure. brandon took a deep breath in as he knocked of the front door of the carter's residence. mrs. carter opened the door one moment later, but as soon as she saw brandon, a puzzled look settled on her face. deep down she knew what was to come and let him in.

monday afternoon, two days later•

brandon and kayley were out in the empty field around fifteen minutes away from where she lived, laying on the picnic blanket as kayley lazily sketched in her book. she had asked him to be her muse during her time of inspiration-drought, as she liked to call it. brandon happily obliged knowing it would allow them their personal space for a while. tired and slightly frustrated kayley huffed and shut her sketchbook and set it aside, laying down on her back. "tired?" brandon asked turning his head to her as he too was laid on his back. "i suck at drawing." kayley sighed. brandon chuckled slightly and shifted his hand closer to hers and intertwined their fingers. kayley raised their locked hands to her face as she gently played with brandon's rings and left a tiny kiss on his knuckles. brandon smiled at her amusingly, thinking how beautiful and soft hearted she was. "kay i wanna ask you something." he said as he raised himself on his elbow. kayley mimicked his gesture and raised herself to his eye level. "what's up?" she asked, unable to read his face or tone. "i've wanted to ask you this for a while and i think we've finally come to the point where this would actually work out so kayley, i want us to take the next step into this. would you be my girlfriend?" he said. kayley's breath hitched in her throat. sure she saw this coming someday, and she was more than sure she wouldn't want anything more. "b i-" she found herself at the loss of words. "if you're worried about your parents then don't be. i promise you they'll be happy." brandon replied. "b I wouldn't want anything else than be with you. so yes." she said as she let out a chuckle making brandon smile and laugh too. he leaned into her and let his lips touch hers, kissing her with a new found emotion. "you're my dream kay." he said as he pulled away and rested his hand on the crook of her neck. "and you're mine too bubs." she replied still smiling.