13

"alright. but if anything starts going off track, know that i will take action." mrs. carter said and got up to serve dinner. "thank you mrs. carter. it really means a lot." brandon said. his hand still clutched kayley's under the table. he raised his free hand to wipe away the stray tear on her face. "im sorry." kayley whispered. "no. don't apologize." brandon replied in a soft voice. once dinner was served the two tried their best to keep the tension away. brandon asked about kayley's future plans and discussed the future of prettymuch. small talk passed around until it was time for brandon to leave. "kay i need head back. studio runs tomorrow." he said as he walked to the door. "okay." she nodded and walked with him. "mrs. carter. thank you for the lovely dinner... and for everything else. i won't disappoint you." he said. kayley turned back to look at her mom, a frown was on her face but she nodded curtly. "i'll see you soon?" brandon asked stepping outside the house. "i hope so. it was really nice to have you around b." she replied and smiled softly. brandon smiled back and leaned and and kissed her forehead. "take care." he said and left. kayley stepped back in and shut the door. now she had to deal with her mother. "i trust you and this is what you do?" mrs. carter said as soon as kayley turned around. "mom i don't get what the big deal is. im 18 and i can deal with stuff on my own. im perfectly capable of making rational decisions." kayley calmly replied. "that boy is not a good influence kayley. he's not from our world." she insisted. "what worlds mom? brandon is just as human as any of us. the only difference being he gets the limelight. I don't get why you'd call such a dedicated and passionate, hard working guy a bad influence. there really is no other picture. that's pretty much all that is to him. there is no room for a bad influence." kayley explained. mrs. carter stood there, in awe of her daughter's behavior, slightly proud of her for standing up for herself, slightly speechless. "don't come running to me when things don't work out kayley." she said and walked away. "i won't." kayley sighed and went back to her bedroom.

iMessage

brandon

thank you so much for today kayley. im sorry if i made your mom too mad and for anything else that may have been my fault.
i have a few more stops before fomo is finally over so I won't be seeing you for a while.
i wish i could though
im gonna miss you.

hey
i should be the one thanking you b
and please, i think we've both apologized enough. its gonna be fine
and about fomo, go do your thing
i know you're gonna kill it
im so proud of you and the others.

brandon

thank you :)
I'll probably facetime you a bunch while im gone
so be prepared to see my ugly face through the phone

ahah im gonna miss you too
ugly? never. you're absolutely gorgeous i'd be blessed to have you call me.

brandon

i literally cant get enough of you kay

then don't be gone too long b
(pun totally intended)

brandon

lol
nice one
aight
edwin is on my ass he says im not spending enough time with them.
so i gtg

that's alright
talk to you later b
good night

brandon

g'night kay
xo