24

•two days later•

kayley leaned against the kitchen counter on a typical afternoon with mrs. carter at home. with a glass of what looked like homemade banana milkshake in one hand kayley lazily held her phone in the other as she spoke to brandon over a facetime call.
"don't you have music to make or something like that?" she asked, taking a sip out of her glass. "off day for me. edwin took over the garage studio." he replied, "not gonna lie, im slightly concerned because whatever he's producing sounds like absolute nuts." kayley let out a chuckle. "we get it b, no one is as good as you." "that's not what i meant i-" "chill i'm messin with you." she smiled. kayley raised her head as she noticed her mother walk into the kitchen. "hey mum." she greeted her. "hi mrs.carter" brandon greeted loudly. kayley flipped her phone and held it up to her mother. "hey kids." mrs. carter greeted back. "kayley we're out of milk dear. i told you to buy it when you were out this morning." mrs. carter said as she rummaged through the fridge looking for ingredients to cook supper. "oh, i forgot. i'll go later." she said. "can i come over? i have nothing to do." brandon asked. kayley glanced towards her mother imdicating brandon to do the needful. "mrs. carter do you mind if come over?" he asked. "like there was anything i could do to stop you either way, so why not." she replied with a sigh, making kayley smile. she looked back to her phone and mouthed "yay" at brandon. "thanks. i'll be there in a bit. bye bab-kay" he fumbled making kayley's eyes go wide, hoping her mother didn't over hear his words. "bye b." she said and hung up.

about twenty minutes later brandon showed up at kayley's door. he walked in with a bag in his hand and made his way to the kitchen. "hey mrs. carter." he greeted. " hello brandon." she smiled at him and continued her cooking. "i uhm, i got the milk." he said pulling out the gallon from the bag. "and don't worry its 2% i know because kayley never takes whole in her coffee." he added. "oh, that's quite nice of you brandon thank you dear. kayley don't forget to pay hi—" "what no, please its just milk. repay me with your food. it's nice to have a proper home made meal now and then. reminds me of home." he remarked. mrs. carter had a genuine smile on her face, kayley just stood there staring at her mother and brandonin awe. he never failed to impress her. "of course. anytime." mrs. carter said making brandon smile. 

author's thoughts:
Hey there readers. i was planning on keeping this story free of these things but i thought this was kind of necessary to mention.

I haven't given kayley a face claim on purpose. I dont want to give her some famous pretty face. So look at her however you want her too. I genuinely based kayley off of my personality traits which just makes it easier for me to write. so basically you won't see kayley's face in any pictures. they're all just gonna be my pictures or edits or sumn off of google as lomg as it doesn't have a face.

Thats it. Thanks for reading.
vote share amd comment!

~krisha  ("kay")