12

brandon and kayley lazed around for the next hour or two. brandon showed her the unfinished beats and melodies and kayley told him about her edits and drawings. she learnt more and more about the boys, about brandon, and the rest of 360. the more time she spent laughing and talking with him, the more she felt something more with him. brandon was feeling exactly the same thing. like he said, there was definitely something about her that struck him. he felt his heart jump a little every time she inched close, or looked into his eyes a bit longer.

"kayley!!" mrs. carter called from downstairs. kayley got out from her chair and shuffled to the stairs. "yea?" she yelled back. "come downstairs, dinner's ready." mrs. carter replied. kayley turned on her heals and asked brandon to stay for dinner. he happily obliged and the two went down and took their seats on the dining table. "now brandon, i am pretty sure i've seen you on the videos and pictures that kayley looks at every now and then." she said as she sat with the two at the table. "honey i know you're brandon arreaga." kayley's eyes widen. Brandon's heart rate slightly increased. "yep that's me. i'm brandon from prettymuch. look before you say anything else let me tell you everything. and its not kayley's fault." be said. mrs. carter gave kayley a deadly look and then nodded at brandon. "please do tell me why i have a boyband singer in my house talking to my high school going daughter." she said. "kay and riley had backstage passes for post concert. that's when i met your daughter. the boys and i spent time with her and riley, talked, listened to music, played video game. just basic everyday things. i sort of clicked with kayley and the same went for riley and my bandmate edwin. just so you know kayley was pretty hesitant at first. she knew her boundaries. so i sort of had to crack her shell so that i could bond with her." he explained. he looked at kayley and then at mrs. carter and continued, "so after that we texted and bumped in at the mall the other day. mrs. carter i want you to know that i have no ill intentions with kayley. she been nothing but real with me the past few days and i missed having a normal, understanding and intelligent friend around. she's like a breath of fresh air." kayley kept her gaze steady at brandon. "i still don't get what is going on here but kayley i did not expect this from you. i am not okay with this. you and your boyband have successfully distracted her enough from her life. i don't think it's advisable that this continues any further." mrs. carter sternly said. brandon was taken aback for second. he couldn't remember the last time he got scolded at. "im sorry, but mom him and his boyband have been everything but a distraction. if nothing they helped me rediscover my love for art." kayley added in. "mrs. carter. please don't beat her up for this. its not her fault. i insisted upon this. i mean no harm to kayley and her life. she's been an amazing friend to me. I couldn't bear to lose her. if you gave us a chance. we can work around our boundaries and anything that pleases you." brandon said. The table went silent for a minute. kayley's eyes started to water a little. brandon reached towards her hand under the table and held it. "mrs. carter, i see where you're coming from. media tends to potray the negatives of our lives and exaggerates every tiny detail. the music is just a career. but at the end of the day my bandmates and i are normal americans. we breath the same air as you and eat fruity pebbles for breakfast like any other kid. if that's what makes you feel unsafe about this situation, then give us a chance. let me prove to you that this isn't as bad as it seems." brandon explained.