Chapter 2

I felt like I was sleeping for days and yet I needed sleep. I had a heavy headache and even the little and only light in the room was bothering me.

I sat up in the bed and looked around. It was so fancy, it seemed like a palace room. The bed I was in was so comfortable and huge, I felt myself even smaller in it. There were expensive and big paintings on every wall and the walls were covered in dark wallpaper.

I gave myself a few minutes to pull myself together and remember what happened. I remembered running away from them and asked for help from the big stone house.

And that was all.

I had no idea how I got here and ended up in this bed, or who carried me here and apparently changed my clothes as well.

I pulled the warm blanket more on myself, covering my body. I somehow didn't feel safe. These people had saved me from the Botwolfs but I didn't know them as well and they might as well know each other.

I didn't know what to do but I decided to find someone to talk to first. I jumped out of the bed, ignoring the headache I have and walked across the wide room. There was a huge glass of water under the light, I took it and chugged it all down before I left the room.

I slowly opened the wooden door and looked at the hall. It was covered with a similar wallpaper to the room I was in. But the paintings on the hall was horrifying. They were mostly dark and contained a lot of blood.

I wasn't the bravest person, I had to be honest. I crossed the hall with a shiver on my spine and headed towards the huge, white marble stairs.

I didn't know if I was in these oversized pajamas and barefoot but I felt so cold.

It could be because of the atmosphere too though, everywhere was covered in very dark colors and horrible paintings that seemed like more than a hundred years old. This house was quite the opposite of my little and bright apartment and opposite of my character.

Who would even want to live in such house anyway? I got even more curious about the house owner. It was probably and old man with a huge wealth acquired from his parents.

With a growing curiosity, I went down the stairs with light steps. The more I walked, the smaller this house made me feel.

There was a huge entrance downstairs, I barely remembered coming in from this door.

I took a look around and all 6 doors were closed. Deciding not to look like snooping around, which I was, I decided to call out this time.

"Hello?" My timid voice got lost in the marble entrance. Thinking no one probably heard that, I called out again.

"Hello? Anybody here?"

I waited for the doors to be opened but there was no sound. I was starting to feel more scared, I could run up to the room I woke up and hide myself under the covers.

"Hello." An old man with grey hair in a uniform appeared by the stairs I got down.

He started marching down the stairs slowly. He was standing so straight that one could think that he swallowed a stick.

"Hi." I said, wrapping my arms around myself. I felt tiny and insecure and the man didn't have any friendly features at all.

"I'm Roy Reynolds. You can call me Roy. And you are?" The man finally asked when he was downstairs.

"Ba-baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." I didn't make eye contact with the guy. The ones who kidnapped me didn't like it at all, so it had become my habit in time.

"Welcome, Baekhyun." The man said with an indifferent voice and stood right in front of me.

"You must be hungry. Follow me."