Chapter 10 [M]

Chanyeol had told me about the war between his family and the Botwolves. Apparently he was trying to make some spell or something like that to make me his mate when he kidnapped me and often withdrew my blood.

"You have strong genes and I already said that you have a very distinctive smell." Chanyeol had said. This whole world seemed ridiculous to me. And also me? Strong genes?

But there was a fight, a fight that now involved me, the simple human Byun Baekhyun.

We didn't talk much with Park Chanyeol after that. He was distant and I wasn't trying anything to get closer to him. I was still trying to convince myself that this was for the better. But god damn it, I was still wishing his lips to be on mine and feel him all over my body.

We were going to stay here alone until the full moon passed and it was impossible for me to avoid him.

It happened a lot, we always ran into each other and there was awkward silence. It was one of those nights again when I was about to have a delicious night snack in the kitchen. I went to the frigde, stacked everything I wanted and shut the door.

Just as I closed it I saw a figure behind it and dropped everything I was holding on the floor at least I thought so because Chanyeol was in front of me, holding everything that I just let go.

"You scared me." I said angrily and grabbed everything from him one by one.

His eyes were wide and his lips were pouty. I couldn't deny that he looked cute when he was shocked.

"I'm sorry."

He watched me prepare my sandwich angrily. I was trying to ignore him but he was right in front of me, leaning on the kitchen isle, his arms crossed.

I put down the knife I was holding. "What is it?" I finally asked, angry that I couldn't prepare my sandwich in peace.

A smirk was placed on his face. "You know, I can't read minds but I can hear your heart beat very clearly and that tiny heart of yours is going wild whenever I'm around."

I could feel blood rushing to my face, which was proving his point.

"But there's one thing I don't understand." He said and all of a sudden, I was sitting on the counter, my legs around his waist. His big hands were now on my hips, slowly drawing circles on them.

"Why are you running away from me?" He asked in a low tone. He sounded awfully sexy when his voice was lower and his face was so close to mine.

I swallowed. I couldn't lie to someone who could even hear my heartbeat.

"Want to know the truth?" I said, without having eye contact with him.

"Yes, please."

I sighed. "You're just like them. Even worse, you are a vampire. You'll lose interest in me once you get what you want and I really can't deal with a heartbreak when all shit is happening to me."

His fingers stopped moving once I said that and I was glad he stopped because it was too distracting. I finally had courage to look at his face, I was still waiting for him to answer me.

"I'm sad to hear you say that. I don't know what this is to be honest but believe me, Baekhyun, this isn't something that would fade away soon." He brushed his lips against mine. "I'd love to say that I'd lose my interest in you soon because this never happened to me before and it scares me a little."

My mouth was wide open, I couldn't believe what he was saying right now. I was just hoping that he meant those because right now, my telltale heart was making my response clear.