Chapter 7

I could feel that I was about to sleep in a few minutes but I couldn't stop reading the book. Besides I had nothing to do all day long, Mr. Park was gone for a few days and I happened to find out that he was on a hunt with Ophelia.

A knock on the door made me lift my head from my book. I told the person to come in, weirdly hoping that it was Mr. Park.

But instead of him, there was a man with long black hair, a man I didn't see before.

"Did Mr. Park send you?" I asked the man who was standing by my door. Mr. Park told me that he'd send a new guard for the whole house but especially for me when he was gone. "You can wait outside. Or however you're comfortable." I said and sent the man a smile.

But instead of going outside, the man got in my room and started walking towards me. Slowly putting my book down, I moved in my bed towards the edge.

"You don't have to stay here. You can wait in the halls or downstairs." I tried my chance once again but failed. I got out of the bed and called out for Roy. I was getting even more nervous.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" I finally asked the man. An evil smile apparead on his face, he was slowly walking around my bed, I was stuck at the corner of the room, far from the door but window was right behind me, so if I had to...

"This may hurt a bit."

Then he did something that I thought would only happen in books. He stuck his fangs out.

Actual fangs. Thinking this was one of my nightmares again, I kept yelling for help, neither someone came nor I woke up.

The man placed his long fingers around my neck and started squeezing it. "You're lucky that you won't die here today, just suffer a little. But damn, you smell really good." He hissed.

My vision was getting blurry. I could no longer stand against the man, he was incredibly strong, it felt like his hands were made of steel.

The something I didn't quite see happened and I felt that the window behind me was broken and I was falling down.

I waited for the impact but instead of feeling the cold hard ground breaking my ribs, I felt two strong arms hold me.

"Baekhyun..." The man with the sweetest voice ever whispered. "You'll be safe, I'm here."

And I knew I'd be safe in his arms.

*
I woke up in a car. It was actually an understatement to call what I was in a car because it was huge, even huge for a jeep. I looked at the driver right away. Seeing Mr. Park on the driver seat made me relax immediately.

"What's happening?" I asked, now remembering all the weird things that happened at the mansion. My back was hurt and when I tried to move, it hurt more.

I also noticed the bandages on my wrists and elbows.

"I'll tell you everything. You're safe now." Mr. Park only said. I had so many questions to ask but no energy left to voice them.

I started to examine my wounds on my arms and legs and noticed that one of them on my left hand was bleeding out of the bandages. I took off my bandage to see how bad it was, I knew first aid, maybe I could stop the bleeding somehow. I opened the window to throw out the bandage.

"Don't." Mr. Park almost yelled and closed the window right away. "Don't throw anything bloody outside and don't open the windows."

I could see his eyes were darker than ever and his hands were so firmly around the steering wheel that his knucles had turned white. If Mr. Park was this tense, then it was really serious.