Chapter 9

After what happened with Mr. Park --I mean Chanyeol today, I locked myself in my room saying I needed to take a shower.

I still couldn't believe it. And even though I had so many boyfriends before and kissed, I felt so giggly and happy. His touch was different, his kiss was unique.

I bit my lip to prevent my wide smile while laying on the bed. I couldn't believe it happened.

Then something froze my smile. What if... What if he later thinks that it was a mistake? What if it was just for one time?

What vampire would fall for a human? Especially someone like me, small, weak and useless.

I smacked myself on the face. "I'm so stupid." I whispered.

Let me tell you something, I was bad at picking my men and Chanyeol was no different.

I used to fall for the wrong guy who could never love me back. I drew their attention for a moment and then it was over. This was nothing different. He was too perfect, he wasn't even human. Why would a filthy rich, handsome and powerful vampire fall for a human like me?

I sighed loudly. There was no point in hiding, I thought I should leave my room and act like nothing happened.

I wore one of his hoodies again and thankfully he'd some tight leggings, so I wore them under my hoodie.

He was sitting in the kitchen, drinking wine when I saw him. He greet me without saying anything, only nodding his head a little. I knew that he regret it. Instead of going into the kitchen, I sat down on a couch and decide to watch TV to stop myself from crying right here.

I absentmindedly started to watch the first thing that I found on TV, it was some lame rom-com. Not even paying attention to it, I kept thinking about what I could do and what the hell we'd be doing here.

*
I woke up in my own bed but this time there was no one by my side and no light as well.

"Chanyeol?" I yelled. He wasn't in the house apparently and it was my time to freak out. The light switch seemed so far away and I was too much in fear to even leave my bed.

"Chanyeol?" I yelled once again and my door was opened loudly.

"What happened?" He held me tightly.

"Light." I only managed to say and he opened it in a second and was back to my side.

He held me tightly. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I forgot." His chest was rising up and down fast like mine. I was calm in a few minutes thanks to him carressing my hair and always whispering me calming words.

"I'm alright." I mumbled against his neck. He pulled himself back upon hearing that. He was topless and I must say, he looked like a whole 4 course meal. His eyes were so dark and his lips... His lips were redder than normal.

"Were you on a hunt?" I asked him almost whispering. I realized I never asked him what he ate. He'd said that I smellt nice. Could that mean he was feeding on... Humans? Or just compel them to suck on them for a while?

I suddenly felt jealous thinking his lips against someone else's neck.

"Yes." He only said and his dark eyes were focused on me as if he was trying to read my mind. "Don't you want to ask me what I eat?"

"Well..." I moved in my spot uneasily. "I both do and don't want." I chose to be honest with him.

"Why is that?"

I wasn't going to tell him that the problem I was having here was not him feeding on humans, it was that he was pressing his lips against others'.

"I just don't want to know." I only said.

He sighed lightly. "I don't "eat" humans, if that what's you're wondering about."

I tried to press my smile. "I don't want to know. That's all." I got up and grabbed my stuff to go downstairs to watch TV again. I couldn't sleep when I was this tense.

"Where are you going?" He asked me while he was still on my bed.

I had to play it cool, because the second habit of the men I loved was seeing me as too easy. I wasn't going to let Chanyeol go through these phases and make me even sadder. It was better this way. I was sad for a long time and I didn't need more.

"To sleep while watching TV again." I paused for dramatic effect. "If you let me."

He didn't say anything or come downstairs. Maybe he'd used his super speed and ran away already. I tried to convince myself it was better this way but it was no use. I had fallen for him and I was going to let my heart be broken once again.