No More Lies

🌸~<>~<>~•~<>~<>~🌸

Kim Ara POV

I hurried to school as principal Han called me to attend a meeting. I didn't know for what, though.

I didn't tell my sick mother about it and got out of the house while saying I wanted to meet my friends. I lied to her as I didn't want her to worry about anything.

I ran across the street and finally caught a cab to school. I arrived at the school within thirty minutes and paid the driver for the ride. I didn't wear my uniform as I was not supposed to come here today.

With a thumping heart, I jogged into the school. I felt eyes on me and whispers around me, but I didn't bother as I walked down the hallway.

I was about to get into the office when someone called out to me. I turned around and saw Mr. Chul walking towards me.

A lump formed in my throat, and I felt sweats forming on my forehead. If Mr. Chul's stares could kill someone, I might already be dead. He stood in front of me while holding a long thin stick.

"Follow me to the meeting room. Now." He said sternly and turned around as he started to walk, leaving me with a questionable look. Fear ran down my body, and my hands got sweaty.

"Why is he bringing me to the meeting room?"

I mumbled to myself and followed him. 

He halted before the meeting room door and looked back at me. "Are you ready?"

"Pardon?"

He opened the door and entered the room while gesturing for me to walk into the room. I nodded slightly and dragged my shaky legs into the room, nibbling on my lower lip.

School violence committee members and principal Han looked at me with unreadable expressions. My eyes grew when I saw Mr. Park, the owner of the restaurant Park JM, where I work as a part-timer, sitting on a chair with a serious expression.

He stood up and walked towards me as soon as he felt my presence, his eyes filled with concern. "Ara?"

"Mr. Park, what's going on here?" I asked confusedly.

"Why you didn't tell me?" He asked back, getting a hold of my palm.

I frowned. "What are you talking about, Mr. Park?"

"Kim Ara, please take a seat, first," Mrs. Park said and looked back at him. "You too, Mr. Park."

I nodded and took a seat while Mr. Park went back to his seat after sending a glare to Mrs. Park. An uneasy feeling erupted in my mind when everyone looked at me with sympathetic eyes. I tried to smile at them, but I was too nervous that it was more like forcing myself to smile.