Bygones Are Bygones

🌸~<>~<>~•~<>~<>~🌸

Park Sohee POV

The moonlight was the only light illuminating the room. The windows were locked up, but the tree branch scratched against the glass, letting me know that it was windy outside. I assumed the time and opened one of my eyes as I peeked at Ara, who seemed sleeping. Thank god that they decided to go to bed earlier as they were tired of traveling.

I got up quietly from the bed, wore my jacket, and left the room. I glanced from side to side and ducked as I headed to the back door. I prayed internally not to get caught since I didn't know how I was going to respond to them.

I was startled a little when I heard something drop. I ducked more and placed my palm against my mouth tightly. Averting my eyes toward the broken vase, I saw Yeontan next to it, wiggling his tail while looking at me. I let out a sigh when I knew it wasn't someone else.

He quickly ran to me and barked loudly.

"Hey! Shush!" I whispered to him, patting his head, and looked around in fear of someone might see me. I looked down at Yeontan, letting out the breath I was holding and took him from the floor.

"Guess I have to take you with me as I can't take the risk of waking up others." I whispered, and he barked, sticking out his small tongue. I giggled and held him before opening the back door.

At Beach

"Tannie! Can you see him?"

Yeontan let out a sound that I took as a 'no' and hugged him more. The cool wind grazed my skin, giving me a tingling feeling. I hummed a tune as I rocked Yeontan in my arms, knowing he was bored.

"What if he forgot to come here?"

I questioned, my eyes roving around to find him, at least a glimpse of him.

"Nah! He can't forget, right Tannie?"

I asked again to Yeontan, pouting. He barked and raised his head slightly, looking somewhere.

"What is it, Tan---"

I paused as soon as I saw Jimin, who was sitting on a bench. He turned himself as soon as he heard Yeontan's bark. With a smile, he stood up, spreading his arms widely. 

I bit on my bottom lip, holding my tears, and ran to him. I quickly shoved myself into him, and he hugged me tightly.

We almost forgot about Yeontan, which was between us with wide eyes. Jimin pulled away when we heard his soft barks.