Falsehood

🌸~<>~<>~•~<>~<>~🌸

🌸~<>~<>~•~<>~<>~🌸

Jeon Jungkook POV

I tapped my feet on the floor nervously as I stared at the elevator arrow going up. Closing my eyes, I rubbed my already sweaty hands, trying to calm my beating heart.

I flinched, opening my eyes as I felt a cold hand on mine and squeezing lightly. I averted my eyes at the paled girl standing right beside me. Wonder how nervous she would be to meet that person when I was already on the edge of fainting even though I didn't know who he was. Her eyes stared at the door to open while she took quick breaths. Getting a hold of her sweaty, cold hand, I caressed it with my thumb and tried my best to calm myself.

The elevator door opened, and we both got out to the big hallway. My mouth parted slightly, seeing the beautiful hallway with amazing portraits held on the walls. I walked with Sohee side by side while looking at the portraits with my mouth hanging open.

She halted in front of a huge door and squeezed my hand again. She placed her trembling hand on the doorknob and gulped down. Heaving a sigh, she twirled the knob, pushing the door as she entered the room while I trailed behind her.

I heard two males laughing in the room as soon as I walked into the room. My eyes darted at the two men while my lips parted slightly.

They stopped laughing when they saw us in the doorway. The familiar man who was my father frowned as soon as his eyes landed on me. He almost jumped up, seeing Sohee beside me while his eyes grew wide as if they were about to come out of their sockets. But before he could say anything, the man on the other side of the table spoke, smiling widely.

"There she is. My daughter Kim Jaehee. Isn't she beautiful and perfect for your son?" Mr. Kim asked, smiling widely. 

I frowned my eyebrows at the thought of my father planning to marry off me to some other girl even though he knew that I wouldn't accept it.

"J-Jungkook-ah... She looks like her." Father stuttered, pointing at the girl and looking back at me. He was not confused but surprised after seeing her with me.

"Are you planning an arranged marriage?" I asked him, literally gritting my teeth. He gulped down nervously, knowing that he got caught and there wasn't any excuse he could tell me.

"I can explain, son. It's just like a blind date. We are just---"

"Oh, is he your son?" Mr. Kim asked, gaining our attention on him. Father gave him a nod, fidgeting his palm.

"Woah! He is handsome like you said, Mr. Jeon. I think they are perfect for each other." Mr. Kim said, making me roll my eyes. 

Of course, I was perfect for her, and there won't be anyone who could match her except for me.