Bereaved

🌸~<>~<>~•~<>~<>~🌸

Four Years Later

Author POV

Jinhit Restaurant

Hoseok heaved a sigh as he walked into the restaurant. Pulling his sunglass down to the edge of his nose bridge, he eyed the place, looking for the special person. He smiled ear to ear when he saw the girl staring into space while making circles on the table. He walked down to her, pushing the sunglass up.

"Good morning, Babe." He chirped, startling her a little. He kissed her on the top of her head before sitting across from her.

"Good morning, Hobi," Pranjal smiled at her boyfriend, stroking a few strands of hair out of her face. "And you're late."

She raised her eyebrows, pointing at her wristwatch. Hoseok shrugged his shoulder, getting a hold of her hand.

"Sorry, traffic. You know I am a punctual---"

A voice cut him off.

"Hey! You Jimin today!"

They snapped their heads to Jin, who walked towards them with a silly smirk plastered on his face. He brushed off the flour on his pink apron and sat beside Hoseok, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"J-Jimin, what?" Hoseok asked, making a weird face as he cocked his head.

"Uh, you don't remember? Joonie always says that when Jimin gets late, and we used to say that when anyone comes late." Jin shrugged his shoulder, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ah, talking about Jimin, today is his birthday, right? Oh my god! We should celebrate it!" Hoseok beamed, smiling widely, which soon faded when Jin narrowed his eyes, eyeing him. "What?"

"You know that he doesn't celebrate his birthday after Sohee is gone." Jin muttered and looked away while Hoseok blinked his eyes for few times. He recalled those days, nibbling on his upper lip. 

It was fresh, as if it had happened yesterday.

"Yeah, right. But I think we should gather up some other time. It had been so long since we had a glass of wine together." Hoseok suggested, leaning back on his chair and pressing his lips into a thin line.