Ego

🌸~<>~<>~•~<>~<>~🌸

Park Sohee POV

I walked down into the locker hallway while my head was hanging low. It had been five days since everything came back to normal. But there was a feeling of loneliness and sadness in my heart. I know why, though.

After that day on the beach, I didn't see Jimin. He didn't come home, and I didn't see him in school either. He did come to school, but he kept himself away from me. He didn't come to have lunch with us or hang out with us, which might be because I was there and he didn't want to face me.

I asked about him from my parents, and they told me he was staying with one of his friends for a few days. But little did I know that he was not living with any of his friends.

I stopped on my track when I heard Hoseok's high-pitched voice shouting my name. I turned around and smiled at him as soon as I saw him.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Hobi! And congratulations on winning the dance competition. I heard most of the girls fainted due to your flawless moves." I giggled, fist-bumping with him.

"Yeah, that was by luck. Anyway, thanks."

He smiled widely while his two cute eyes became crescent. I smiled back at him, and we both walked side by side.

"Have you seeing Jimin today?" He asked.

"No."

That was the only thing that came out of my mouth. I bit on my bottom lip and looked down as I didn't want Hoseok to see the tears forming in my eyes, making them blur. He did notice it as he quickly patted the back of my head.

"That's alright, Sohee. He is just feeling guilty about what he did. This is not the first time he was hiding like a coward. And oh, you know, he always keeps himself away from us after fighting with us. That's pretty weird of him."

All of them knew that Jimin was keeping himself away from me. They think that it was only because of his guilt towards me. But they didn't know he was keeping himself away because he hurt his sister, to whom he promised he would stay by the side, no matter what.

I let out a shaky breath and looked at Hoseok, who was talking non-stop.

"That sounds stupid, right?" He asked, glancing over at me.

"Sorry, what?"

He frowned his eyebrows, and I regretted not listening to him. He stopped and tilted his head aside. I chuckled nervously, but he just stared at me. He was not angry or sad, just with a blank face.